LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 406 users in the forums

excluding nate and spencer! Bly against everyone else.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Why have a guy with two names with three letters DRE BLY

When we can have a guy with two first names Will James
okay fine he screwed up by show boating in the falcons game. but he played awesome last year, we need him
No matter if you like it or not....

Here is reason 1, 2, and 3 they will not resign him...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4554406
Originally posted by superman5:
I don't understand why we didn't resign Bly he is by far the third best DB on our current roster. Lets get rid of Will and Paraymh! RESIGN BLY PLEASE!!!

Ugh naw, Brown better than him and showed it last year. Now Paymah and Smith and the rest ya fine he may be better than them, but Bly's old now and he's kind of annoying so we'll be fine wit out him. I mean Paymah as a 4th corner isn't the worst thing in the world.
Originally posted by waiting4number6:
I don't understand why we didn't resign Bly he is by far the third best DB on our current roster. Lets get rid of Will and Paraymh! RESIGN BLY PLEASE!!!

Ugh naw, Brown better than him and showed it last year. Now Paymah and Smith and the rest ya fine he may be better than them, but Bly's old now and he's kind of annoying so we'll be fine wit out him. I mean Paymah as a 4th corner isn't the worst thing in the world.

LMAO Brown f**ken sucks and Bly took his job last year. What are YOU talking about?
Originally posted by TeambyTheBay:

LMAO Brown f**ken sucks and Bly took his job last year. What are YOU talking about?

How does Brown suck? Only problem I have with Brown he just inconsistent, granted he's a 6th round pick so hey. I mean if we didn't have Spencer Brown wouldn't be the worst 2 corner in the world to have, but he's a pretty darn good 3. I just hope he plays 16 straight games of good football, cuz he sure darn capable of it.

Haha.. u're right! Brown is played well. Bly is very good for spy when he know how get an Ints better than brown.. So, Bly is too old and goes well tackles. Brown need more a lot for experience how gets an ints or drops pass. I like them both which are ints or drops pass that either it..
It doesn't sound like anyone is interested in Bly.

The Niners called on Brown to take Clements' starting role last year vs. INDY, not Bly. I also recall that we shut down IND's offense. Brown is not a a God but he is def better than Bly.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
No, we don't need him.

Bly's attitude is far more detrimental than his skills are beneficial.

If "Dre is gonna be Dre" he can do it for someone else.

This. He really didn't play that well for us last year and he's now a year older. His best days are way behind him so why put up with antics from an aging corner that's lost his capabilities

This, I guess some of you guys do not understand the concept of the team being more important than the individual. The guy wasn't that good anyways.

The Vikes don't get the "team theory" with Favre still up in the air, but it works for them. They are a better team with him...

No, we don't need him.

He did ask Singletary if he could apologize to everyone at one of his press conferences and he did so there must be something else in the locker room we don't know about. That being said it was one of the dumbest plays I have ever seen.
We did resign Bly. We didn't re-sign him though.
He should of caught that ball in INDY!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Originally posted by pelos21:
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Yea, We need Bly for help our team!

Was up BuZz.

hey dude!

No way.
Originally posted by matt49er:
No, we don't need him.

this

F, Dre Bly man, for one his attitude sucks and secondly he's not the type of CB the 9ers prefer. We like physical players and that Bly is not.

Bly would be good as insurance to whichever if any one of our top 2 or 3 cb's go down.

To all of you who DON'T THINK BlY FITS our physical mold.........you are wrong. He has forced the 3rd or 4th most fumbles (last time i checked that is physical) he also has been known for some PI and some contact penalties so he is in fact very physical. Last year he did not get burned much at all....far less than almost any #3 in the league whether anybody wants to admit it or not. Bly is a good signing and we could almost GUARANTEE he is a better #4 than the other cb's on our roster and is even better than Brown, our #3.

WELCOME to the desert of the real
Share 49ersWebzone