LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 267 users in the forums

After reading all A. Davis has to work on, was he worth losing a 4th round pick?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

After reading all A. Davis has to work on, was he worth losing a 4th round pick?

This thread is so dumb. Can we at least wait for the pads to go on, before we start talking about "bust" or "worth a 4th."

Easy solution. Let's trade him for Kory Sheets. i heard his pass protection has come along very well.
I'm not going to flame you. I will say your "feelings" don't matter in the grand scheme of things an neither do mine. Just York's, Balkk's ,and Sing's feelings matter.

It is premature to start speculating that this kid is going to Kentwan Balmer on us. If he's totally useless through training camp then perhaps we should start scratching our heads. Even then he's only 20. Same age as AS when he was drafted. We were all so disappointed when he didn't come in and take over where Steve Young left off.

Davis may not be ready to take the training wheels off til next year. Even if it takes a season or so for the game to slow down for him then we're still better off for drafting him. By all accounts he is very quick.

Sopoaga and Franklin took some time, granted they weren't 1st rounders, but they did have to suffer through Nolan's idiotic hybrid 34.

Staley came out of college early and he has struggled but he's doing well now. Go on vacation go donate some time to a charity, anything to take your mind off this very bad month for football.
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Since I was not a fan of the pick, or fan of this draft... gotta say no. That said if you like the strategy you gotta give it time, he will probably be good even great.

Kwame Harris

and if niners took a corner instead of davis we could write

mike rumph

damn give davis a chance before we bury him

The Kwame thing was just to point out not all first rounders make it, I really think Davis will be fine but won;t be shocked, angry or call him a bust if he doesn't start day one game one.
Dayum, pretty much the same thread and by a vet even.
he was the best OT available and this team needs an upgrade at OT desperately. This pick was a no brainer.

FCOL....WE PICKED IT BACK UP FOR NEXT YEAR....AND...GOT AN EXTRA SIX FOR THIS PAST DRAFT. LOOKS LIKE A SOLID DEAL TO ME.

JESUS...THE KID HASNT EVEN PLAYED A DOWN YET. ARE PEOPLE REALLY THAT BORED...THAT THEY HAVE TO MAKE DUMB THREADS LIKE THIS.

Excuse the anger...but these types of threads are very irritating. Need to take these articles in with a grain of salt. The media has been wrong before. Lets relax and wait till the kids play a game...GEEZ!
The problem with this thread is that it starts with "After reading..." instead of saying "After seeing him play...."
3rd round pick at best.
Share 49ersWebzone