LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 222 users in the forums

Walt Harris appreciation thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I rarely start threads but I had to start this since Walt was one of my favorite 49ers when he was here.

Now that we know Harris isn't coming back (signed with Baltimore), we should all appreciate what Walt did for us in his years here. He was the definition of a "ballhawk" at CB. Played 2 outstanding years for us and had a 3rd solid season as well. One of the best signings of the McNolan era...second only to Justin Smith, IMO.

63 tackles, 1 sack, 4 FFs, 20 PDs, 8 INTs for 84 yards and TD.

That was an AMAZING season. Lets not forget he had another FF that season and a return for a TD against the Rams that they wrongfully took away.

All in all, he had 15 INTs in 3 seasons with us. Not too bad at all for a 30+ veteran when we picked him up.

All the best to Walt.

One of our best FA signings ever. IDK WTF they were doing with him in Chicago but its safe to say they didnt use him right.

You will be missed Mr. Harris.
adios Walter
  • mod
  • Veteran
I really didnt expect anything from him when signed him. and If I remember correctly we didnt have a single interception from the entire defense until like week 4 against the raiders lol, thats when Walt Harris began to tear QBs apart. I think he had 3 ints against andrew walter lol that was a fun game.
He was serviceable. But we need to get younger on the outside.
What year was it that he picked off like the 1st pass of the game that Warner threw to Fitzgerald. He jumped the route. He has great instincts and an overall solid NFL career. Peace out to Walt
Walt Harris will be missed, his contributions to the kicker position will never be forgotten.
Originally posted by lamontb:
What year was it that he picked off like the 1st pass of the game that Warner threw to Fitzgerald. He jumped the route. He has great instincts and an overall solid NFL career. Peace out to Walt

Opening night. MNF. 2007 I think. But I think it was Leinart who threw it.
Thanks for pwning the Raiders Walt!
good luck walt, one of the good 9er cb's over the past 2 decades.

Thanks Walt!!!
  • Chico
  • Veteran
Walt was an unsung hero! He was one of those guys that dominated but was never really appreciated. Nate Clements was brought in the following year and got the big pay check and Walt was a better cover corner than Nate in my opinion!
  • tac22
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chico:
Walt was an unsung hero! He was one of those guys that dominated but was never really appreciated. Nate Clements was brought in the following year and got the big pay check and Walt was a better cover corner than Nate in my opinion!
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Walt was a beast and the best FA pickup in last 5 years. Good luck in Baltimore son do your thing.
Originally posted by Axl49:
Walt was a beast and the best FA pickup in last 5 years. Good luck in Baltimore son do your thing.

I disagree, Justin Smith has been EVERYTHING we could have wanted for a 3-4 DE.
Share 49ersWebzone