LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

What should 49er writers write about for the next month?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I know Matt Barrows checks out these boards, and it wouldn't surprise me if other writers did as well. All of the writers have been talking about there is nothing to talk about until the start of training camp, so I figured I would create a thread where we can post ideas for them. Hopefully some of these will show up in print.

Anthony Davis:
Do some analysis of how other first round pick OT in the league recently looked after their OTA, but before Training Camp, and then compare that to their later success (or lack thereof).
Do the same kind of comparison for Kwame Harris and Joe Staley.

The same kind of analysis would be fun to do for Iupati and Mays.

It would also be interesting to look at failures in rebuilding stadiums, and see how the 49ers are positioned to avoid it. Also, when is the next milestone for completing the stadium, and when can we expect that to be completed?
Player proggressions and reggressions.
This would be a good time for less frequent but "richer" posts, although I don't know how their contracts work and if they have a post count they need to keep up with.

Maybe a post for each of our first eight opponents and how their teams might be different from last year (with an eye toward how we match up against them)? The NFL is too unpredictable to do the whole 16.

I like the other recent stadiums idea.

Maybe hitting the phones and getting deeper into how the team is run? Profiling assistant coaches (if they're allowed to talk) or mapping out the power structure and decision making tree in the front office.

I'd love to read a piece on Paraag and the whole debate about if it takes "football guys" up top to win. What does Balke think of Football Outsiders and statistical measures of football?

A real coup (which I'm sure EVERYONE has tried before) would be an interview with Eddie D. as he's close to Jed (as I recall) and I don't remember really hearing his story from his side.

This would also be a great time for some nostalgia. Maybe some Where Are They Now? features about players from those great 9ers teams who we as fans still talk about but most folks don't remember. The Woodalls and Hanks' and Bartons, etc.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
anal
alex smith
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
about the fans being unhappy with the fact Jeff Garcia didn't turn out to be the 3rd straight HOF 9ers QB
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
about the fans being unhappy with the fact Jeff Garcia didn't turn out to be the 3rd straight HOF 9ers QB

That Greedy lil prick! We gave him his shot. We pulled him out of the CFL dusted him off and then gave him a chance. Then he had the nerve to not take a pay cut when he didnt do anything after he left our team in shambles. Ha ha Garcia, I bet if you had it to do again, I bet you take that pay cut.
Walt Harris and all his threads
you really want to compare guys OTA's? it's definitely the off season.
How about how much lovelier Napa is then Santa Clara.

• fryet
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
you really want to compare guys OTA's? it's definitely the off season.

Yeah, not much to talk about right now.
jeff garcia's wife
Dick Nolan
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Dick Nolan
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
They can write about how this season hinges on the play of Mike Iupati, Chilo Rachal, Anthony Davis, Alex Smith, and Jimmy Raye.
Share 49ersWebzone