12-1

Huh??
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
12-1

Huh??

we beat the seahawks so badly it counts as 5 wins
Originally posted by jays9ers:
The first half of the season could go one of two ways.... Really good.. or... Really Bad I know what a great observation! But seriously I think a lot is going to have to do with the play of the O-line and the play at QB..

Week 1: @Seattle- Not a gimmie by any stretch, but we are the more talented team. Should be a victory.

Week 2: Saints- We should come out pretty fired up! Home opener monday night......but the saints offense will probably be too much for us to match point for point with... Loss

Week 3: @Chiefs- Once again not a gimmie. Playing at arrowhead is tough. But we are the better team all around, should lead to a victory.

Week 4: @Falcons- Payback anyone?? Two evenly matched teams, this one can go either way... But my early instinct thinks Loss....

Week 5: Eagles- Dear god they too have whooped up on us in the past, but this year I believe they're taking a step back. Victory!

Week 6: Raiders- Victory...

Week 7: @Panthers- A game that I will be attending!! (live in SC (military)) Tough ground game but we should be able to contain the two headed monster and outscore them. Victory!

Week 8: Broncos- After getting rid of all their play makers... I see them in a mini rebuilding mode. Victory!

6-2 to start out! All this of course depends on what Smith will do this year... Crappy qb play can lead to a 4-4 start or worse.. Hoping for the best!

I agree this team has the talent to go 11-5 or maybe even slightly better IMO.
Originally posted by billbird2111:
3-5

Alex Smith is going to come out firing picks right and left right out of the gate.

After a 2-3 start and predictions of doom and gloom -- the offense will revert to Frank the Tank and three yards and a cloud of dust.

Opposing defenses will clamp down pretty quickly.

Alex will be benched for good by Week 12 or 13.

But he will still have major amounts of support on the 49ersWebzone -- where every thread will be an Alexcuse Thread in one way or another.

Even in his worst season before his shoulder was shattered by Rocky Benard, Alex was 2-1

I'm rocking 7-1
Seatte-L Close game, but loss in final two min.
Saints-L Nees I explain?
Chiefs- W Chiefs forget to show up. (literally)
Falcons-L another heartbreaker by Matt Ryan
Eagles-L Breakthrough for Eagles's season
Raiders-W Desperation sinks in and we hold on for a win.
Panthers-L Blowout by newbie Carolina QB.
Broncos- W As playoff hopes draw to a close, we win for no gain and begin to reflect on the shoulda coulda woulda. (Broncos lose for drafting Tim Teblow)
3-5

I see scattered wins here and there after this, we end up 7-9.

My prediction is pessimistic, but hey, I've been a fan since end of 02' season.

[ Edited by RumphLegacy on Jun 27, 2010 at 15:57:59 ]
if we lose the opener to the effing seahawks there's gonna be murders
Originally posted by RumphLegacy:
Saints-L Nees I explain?
Broncos- W As playoff hopes draw to a close, we win for no gain and begin to reflect on the shoulda coulda woulda. (Broncos lose for drafting Tim Teblow)
3-5

We're gunna smash Seattle and smash Carolina....and get ready for it...we're gunna smash the Saints on MNF.

I see 3-5. Alex smith still the Niners QB, a system generated pass rush which will be picked up on this year and weak secondary. Niners did not address getting a genuine pass rusher, a legit QB and a stronger secondary. Losses mount in what is a pass happy NFL now.
Saints-L Nees I explain?
3-5

Great predictions. Best one I've seen yet. Mainly because yours are actually realistic.
Don't know about the rest of you but, the NINERS are going undefeated this year.
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
Saints-L Nees I explain?
3-5

We're gunna smash Seattle and smash Carolina....and get ready for it...we're gunna smash the Saints on MNF.

The only thing our offense can crush is a wet paper bag with the points coming from our D, we simply can not score nearly enough to be competitive against Seatte
Carolina, or ESPECIALLY the Saints, my friend, our lack or ability offensively will lead us to a 8-8 7-9 season, as our improvements will be overshadowed by a more difficult season.
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Saints-L Nees I explain?
3-5

Great predictions. Best one I've seen yet. Mainly because yours are actually realistic.

So... Hypothetically, how long is Alex Smith our starting QB in your prediction? Because another sub-500 season would mean a firesale throughout the team.
Share 49ersWebzone