LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 220 users in the forums

First 8 games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
3-5

Alex Smith is going to come out firing picks right and left right out of the gate.

After a 2-3 start and predictions of doom and gloom -- the offense will revert to Frank the Tank and three yards and a cloud of dust.

Opposing defenses will clamp down pretty quickly.

Alex will be benched for good by Week 12 or 13.

But he will still have major amounts of support on the 49ersWebzone -- where every thread will be an Alexcuse Thread in one way or another.

Originally posted by billbird2111:
3-5

Alex Smith is going to come out firing picks right and left right out of the gate.

After a 2-3 start and predictions of doom and gloom -- the offense will revert to Frank the Tank and three yards and a cloud of dust.

But he will still have major amounts of support on the 49ersWebzone -- where every thread will be an Alexcuse Thread in one way or another.

And Anthony Davis will be a bust.

I'm confident you're wrong.
3-5

If you are right, the Webzone will fry Smith, not find excuses for him. Because there aren't any anymore!
3-5

• Antix
  • Veteran
I won't make any predictions unril TC is over..don't know our team till the pads go on.

Last year woulda been fine if we didn't start beleiving our own hype so much and get blasted by Atlanta.We came out like we had already been crowned or something.

That won't happen this year and we have a better squad on paper. A fast start will be key but when's the last time this team had to fight through an entire season with a winning record to get to the playoffs? I'm more worried about us being able to sustain early success inan getting early success
3-5

Uhh... If we start out 2-3 what makes you think Smith will make it to week 12 or 13???? I doubt the zone will vouch for Smith if he falters this season.. This is make or break for him..
3-5

any worse than 5-3 and I will be disappoint.

3-5

If ALEX SMITH DOESN'T MAKE THE PLAYS THIS YEAR THEY SHOULD LET HIM GO TO FREE AGENCY. I'm a Smith supporter! I believe he will surprise u and alot of Smith haters.
I see a 4-4 record, unless Raye finally starts trusting Alex to throw the ball down the field. I'm tired of his 3.2 yards per completion average, hope he can carry his confidence and swagger into the reg season.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
0-0-8
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
0-0-8

Originally posted by global_nomad:
I see a 4-4 record, unless Raye finally starts trusting Alex to throw the ball down the field. I'm tired of his 3.2 yards per completion average, hope he can carry his confidence and swagger into the reg season.

Smith's yards per attempt (I assume this is the stat you tried to reference) was 6.3, good for 24th out of 31 eligible Quarterbacks. This statistic however doesn't tell the whole story.

Despite having only attempted 372 passes in 2009, Smith had 38 passes of 20 yards or more. This equates to one pass over 20+ yards every 9.7 attempts.

Comparatively, Brett Favre had 65 passes over 20+ yards, averaging out to one pass over 20+ yards every 8.1 attempts.

With another year in Raye's system and a refined set of receivers, I have no doubt Smith will improve his down field passing statistics.
8-0
If we can make it threw the first half 500 or better we are in great shape because the second half should be a cake walk.
Share 49ersWebzone