There are 216 users in the forums

Niners Alex Boone featured in NFL: On the Fringe series

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Mex49
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
I agree that it would be risky to put Boone on the PS. However, it's a little risky to cut Sims and keep Boone. That would leave the team with 2 OTs with very little EXP.

Davis will likely be a great player, but he's a rookie and THERE WILL BE GROWING PAINS. Boone most likely still needs some time before the team can rely on him. Snyder is just horrible at tackle, flat horrible. Without Sims, that leaves Staley as the team's only reliable tackle, LEFT TACKLE at that. So, what happens IF Staley goes down with an injury like last season? Sims played great while Staley was out. I doubt Boone or Davis are ready to play at that level if needed.

SO, it boils down to which you think causes the most risk for the team. Keep Boone on the 53 so that another team won't snatch him up and cut Sims. Or waive Boone to the practice squad and pray another team doesn't snatch him up to keep Sims on the 53 as a very valueable back up at LT. ???????

Man, isn't this a great problem to have? The team is finally getting some good depth at important spots. Just a few years ago the Niners were scouring the waiver wire for other team's leftovers.

Or you have Staley, Iupati, Heittmann, Rachal, Davis with Sims, Wragge, Snyder, Baas, Boone. They may end up keeping Boone on the main team to protect him because they can not risk him on the PS.

I like that line up and depth. Baas is my least favorite
I think taht they keep 10 OL this year; remember it was the weakest link last season and Coach Sing knows it. Sims at 35 and Wragge at 30 are older, but niether one of them has many hard miles on them.

Staley Iupati Heitmann Rachal Snyder
Sims Baas Wragge Wragge Davis
Boone Wragge Baas Snyder Sims
Snyder Snyder Snyder Heitmann Boone
Share 49ersWebzone