LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 167 users in the forums

Niners Alex Boone featured in NFL: On the Fringe series

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Boone biggest challenge is beating out Barry Simms. It all depends on upside which Boone has over Simms. If he continues to progress and shine during the preseason he will make the team.

My perdition at o-line depth chart of 9.

LT: Staley, Boone
LG: Baas, Iupati
C: Heitmann, Wragge
RG: Rachal
RT: Snyder, Davis

Cuts:
Wallace - never showed much and beaten out due to the versatility of Snyder, Wragge, and Iupati.
Simms - savvy veteran who's at the end of road. Coaching staff decides to go with the much improved (and younger) Alex Boone.

Snyder starts season as the starting RT but gives way to Anthony Davis by mid-season. Baas manages to hold off Iupati at LG.

If you had two first round picks and neither start at the begining of the season (on this team) then I would be worried. Both of those guys should be starting day one with our pathetic Oline. Davis better not get beat out by Snyder.

Agreed. Davis and Iupati better start. I still have nightmares of Snyder whiffing in pass protection.
Originally posted by redrathman:

I humbly award you one point.
Boone will have a tough go. I hope he can do it, and exceed expectations. He's going to have to beat out Cody Wallace and Baas.

We'll likely keep on 9 OL.

Locks:

T - Staley, Sims, Davis
C - Heitmann
G - Rachal, Iupati, Snyder (G/T/C), Wragge (G/C)

Battling for the last spot: Baas (G/C), Wallace (G/C), Boone (T/G)
Hope he makes it.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Boone will have a tough go. I hope he can do it, and exceed expectations. He's going to have to beat out Cody Wallace and Baas.

Locks:

T - Staley, Sims, Davis
C - Heitmann

If Oline performance is as poor as last years "locks" wont apply to anyone

Locks:

T - Staley, Sims, Davis
C - Heitmann

I think Baas is better than Snyder and should get a spot over him.

I hope Boone makes the team though, I have his autograph
Originally posted by teeohh:

Locks:

T - Staley, Sims, Davis
C - Heitmann

I think Baas is better than Snyder and should get a spot over him.

I hope Boone makes the team though, I have his autograph

Agreed. I think Bass is a lock. Although Snyder could still be starting at the beginning of the season
I don't mind if the two rookies don't start week one. But I hope they've earned the starting spot by mid-season.

[ Edited by Marv_Albert on Jun 21, 2010 at 16:47:39 ]
Originally posted by Marv_Albert:
I don't mind if the two rookies don't start week one. But I hope they've earned the starting spot by mid-season.

lets just hope they dont mess up too bad

I think he's got a shot to make the roster...while Sims played very well while Staley was out last year, he's 35 and doesn't have that much longer to play at an effective level. Ideally, they both make the roster, that way you have one very experienced vet b/u OT and a young stud in Boone. However, coaches also love guys like Snyder who can play all positions but C. If Boone can clearly show he's capable of b/u Staley, that'll really help his chances.
Saw him at the Starbucks in LG, He looked really good, no belly at all... body type reminded me of Kyle Turley back when he played... hopefully he is the feelgood story of the preseason... can't wait to see this team with their pads on to see if this offseason work pays dividends.
Originally posted by 5280High:
Saw him at the Starbucks in LG, He looked really good, no belly at all... body type reminded me of Kyle Turley back when he played... hopefully he is the feelgood story of the preseason... can't wait to see this team with their pads on to see if this offseason work pays dividends.

This post isn't at all homosexual in nature and should be seen as a simple non-sexual complement from one heterosexual male to another heterosexual male. Also, it was pure luck that Alex Boone was at the same coffee establishment and such a coincidence doesn't violate any restraining order as the meeting was by chance.

[ Edited by redrathman on Jun 23, 2010 at 10:49:49 ]
We should just cut Adam Snyder, hes one of the only players on the team that I think sucks.
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by 5280High:

This post isn't at all homosexual in nature and should be seen as a simple non-sexual complement from one heterosexual male to another heterosexual male. Also, it was pure luck that Alex Boone was at the same coffee establishment and such a coincidence doesn't violate any restraining order as the meeting was by chance.

Lol, photoshop in long hair and your golden! I guess i should add a disclaimer:

All i meant is that, as a fan of the Niners... not Boone specifically, its good to see a 320 pound football player on your favorite team without a beer belly... no homo. Doesn't translate into skill or stats... but it can't hurt them.
Share 49ersWebzone