LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Niners Alex Boone featured in NFL: On the Fringe series

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I just found this and haven´t seen this posted yet, thought it might be interesting to you guys:

Last year, the NFL had a series about players on the fringe, fighting for a roster spot. I thought it was a very interesting view into the life of NFL players on the bubble and this year, there is even more reason to watch as a Niner fan, because one of the players they will feature will be our very own OT Alex Boone. Check out the Links:

Article about On The Fringe Series

On The Fringe article about Alex Boone

First On The Fringe video about Alex Boone
Only hope the best for that guy. I'd be glad if he was the backup Tackle swingman for the next five years.
LOL at Singletary: 'I'm going to break you like a wild horse.'

Coach Sing is the man
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Only hope the best for that guy. I'd be glad if he was the backup Tackle swingman for the next five years.

Cant help but root for the guy.
Definitely a good read! And watch the video that goes with it. I hope the guy earns a roster spot. He has all the talent needed to be successful, and Singletary believes in him. I just hope if Alex Boone gets the opportunity in training camp, he takes advantage of it. I'm pulling for him!
the key to him making the 53 man roster will be as a versatile backup. staley and davis are going to be the starting OTs for hopefully the next decade, snyder is here still and he may not be a good starter at times but the guy can play every position on the line and that is a great trait for a backup lineman to have. boone will have to show that he can be moved around as a backup.
I predict that Boone won't make the cut. I see him back on the practice squad.

-9fA
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

I predict if that happens he gets picked up by another team.

-9fA
Originally posted by btwagner:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

Cant help but root for the guy.

Originally posted by Chief:

-9fA

I predict if that happens he gets picked up by another team.

I agree, the Niners almost HAVE to keep him on the roster or he will be picked up by another team. A player with Boone's level of dedication and the ability to play both tackle positions is a valuable commodity in the NFL. He will be a member of the 53.
It was a interesting read. Nothing new, but the writing was ok.
Boone biggest challenge is beating out Barry Simms. It all depends on upside which Boone has over Simms. If he continues to progress and shine during the preseason he will make the team.

My perdition at o-line depth chart of 9.

LT: Staley, Boone
LG: Baas, Iupati
C: Heitmann, Wragge
RG: Rachal
RT: Snyder, Davis

Cuts:
Wallace - never showed much and beaten out due to the versatility of Snyder, Wragge, and Iupati.
Simms - savvy veteran who's at the end of road. Coaching staff decides to go with the much improved (and younger) Alex Boone.

Snyder starts season as the starting RT but gives way to Anthony Davis by mid-season. Baas manages to hold off Iupati at LG.

[ Edited by fanmusclecars on Jun 21, 2010 at 14:16:37 ]
Originally posted by fanmusclecars:
Boone biggest challenge is beating out Barry Simms. It all depends on upside which Boone has over Simms. If he continues to progress and shine during the preseason he will make the team.

My perdition at o-line depth chart of 9.

LT: Staley, Boone
LG: Baas, Iupati
C: Heitmann, Wragge
RG: Rachal
RT: Snyder, Davis

Cuts:
Wallace - never showed much and beaten out due to the versatility of Snyder, Wragge, and Iupati.
Simms - savvy veteran who's at the end of road. Coaching staff decides to go with the much improved (and younger) Alex Boone.

Snyder starts season as the starting RT but gives way to Anthony Davis by mid-season. Baas manages to hold off Iupati at LG.

If you had two first round picks and neither start at the begining of the season (on this team) then I would be worried. Both of those guys should be starting day one with our pathetic Oline. Davis better not get beat out by Snyder.
Boone definately deserves to make the roster, and if the situation allows it (crappy play by current lineup, and no other viable options) to start.
Share 49ersWebzone