There are 143 users in the forums

Dixon out?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Is Anthony getting replaced?
MaioccoCSNMatt Maiocco
49ers No.3 RB Anthony Dixon has 1 carry for 6 yards while playing just 2 snaps from scrimmage in first 4 games.
Source: 49ers worked out RBs Dimitri Nance (Arizona State), Jalen Permele (Toledo) and Tyrell Sutton (Northwestern).
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Permele looked damn good in the preseason.

But yea, looks like Dixon is failing to impress. Sux too.I was hyped up after watching his college highlights. Thought we had our Brandon Jacobs.
  • Jiks
We also have Ian Johnoson on the PS. But are these guys mentioned above bigger backs?
Probably just lighting a fire under his ars...
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
We also have Ian Johnoson on the PS. But are these guys mentioned above bigger backs?

Permele - 5'11"/220
Nance - 5'10/220
Sutton - 5'8/213
Dixon - 6'1"/233

so it looks like size doesn't matter to Harbaugh.
@Boobie24Dixon Pressure Presents Opportunity,I accept all challenges Lord!
aww man, this is bad news for big dix!
Could be going religious...
i think this is a motivation tactic.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Sounds like he's on the hot seat alright. The 49ers are working out running backs and Dixon posted this on Twitter:

"Pressure Presents Opportunity,I accept all challenges Lord!"

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/-?blog/niners-talk/post/-&blockID=572424&feedID=5936

I love the guy's fire and enthusiasm, but the coaches must not be seeing enough of what they want out of him. Hope he's able to stick.

Well Hunter is clearly already better than Dixon.
Well he really isnt providing anything offensively at this point. Just a special teamer.

Dont care if we replace him because Hunter is clearly the Number 2 back
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Harbaugh has to be looking for a back that can gain that 1 yard when the game is on the line. A hammer of a back, and Dixon doesn't seem to fit that. He dances too much in the backfield.
Originally posted by sixbricks:
MaioccoCSNMatt Maiocco
49ers No.3 RB Anthony Dixon has 1 carry for 6 yards while playing just 2 snaps from scrimmage in first 4 games.
Source: 49ers worked out RBs Dimitri Nance (Arizona State), Jalen Permele (Toledo) and Tyrell Sutton (Northwestern).

Or maybe they just want insurance in case Gore's ankle gives out? Never hurts to take a look.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by sixbricks:
MaioccoCSNMatt Maiocco

Or maybe they just want insurance in case Gore's ankle gives out? Never hurts to take a look.

This is probably the closest to the truth...
Share 49ersWebzone