LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 283 users in the forums

49ers on NFL Total Access Tonight 6/18

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
that was a good interview by mays. im starting to open up on the drafting of mays with the work ethic and desire to be the best at his position. but i want to see it on the field when he gets the chance

I was against drafting him at 13 or 17 but at 49 and putting him at SS and not FS I am totally for it. I can see he wants to be the best and I think if he gets the mental and techniques part of his game down he can be the best. It might take some time but I definitely can see him being great.

As far as Rod Woodson: (From Wikipedia)
He now helps coach the defense at Valley Christian Senior High in Dublin, California along with former Raider John Parrella. Woodson lives in Pleasanton, California with his wife Nickie and their five children .

If he wants to coach I see no reason why we couldn't offer him a job. Steelers are his team but living in California the 9ers would be far more convenient.
eisen and mays talking about eating hot dogs
that was a good interview by mays. im starting to open up on the drafting of mays with the work ethic and desire to be the best at his position. but i want to see it on the field when he gets the chance

Talk is cheap though. Mays can TALK about work ethic and desire all he wants. I'm holding off judgement in those areas until they actually start playing because frankly, at USC he came up rather short in the focus, determination and work ethic departments.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Playing again this half hour.

Or now!
He wants to be the safety version of Patrick Willis.
Originally posted by Druckenmiller14:

Talk is cheap though. Mays can TALK about work ethic and desire all he wants. I'm holding off judgement in those areas until they actually start playing because frankly, at USC he came up rather short in the focus, determination and work ethic departments.

how do you know he wasn't focused, determined, and lacking work ethic?
Originally posted by Snider8706:

How about the "safety version" of number 42?
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by Snider8706:

How about the "safety version" of number 42?

I said Willis because mays mentioned how pat came in and became the best in the league under coach sing and he's hoping to do the same.

But "42" there will be no other.
Share 49ersWebzone