LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

"The Nutcracker" will be back!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Quote:
MaioccoCSN: Singletary declares the nutcracker drill will return in 49ers training camp. Yes, risk of injury, coach admits, but important for leverage.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

FML
alex smith wants dashon goldson hahaha. i like the intensity alex
I wanna see VD vs PW in the nutcracker drill.
i wanna see mays vs dixon. that should be a good match up or mays vs VD but i think VD would manhandle him and anyone on the team
Alex Smith wants to go against Goldson in the Nutcracker:

Quote:
Asked who he's like to go up against in a Nutcracker drill - yes, Mike Singletary will reprise them this year - Smith first said Andy Lee, then changed his answer to Goldson. "He talks a lot," Smith said archly. "I'd like to get a little run at him. I probably outweigh him now."

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/06/mays-shows-stic.html#ixzz0rFHnxlPx

This has bad idea written all over it but it would be cool to see (maybe at the end of the season tho).
It can't be that hard on them, it's like sumo wrestling.

Originally posted by darkknight49:
Alex Smith wants to go against Goldson in the Nutcracker:

Quote:
Asked who he's like to go up against in a Nutcracker drill - yes, Mike Singletary will reprise them this year - Smith first said Andy Lee, then changed his answer to Goldson. "He talks a lot," Smith said archly. "I'd like to get a little run at him. I probably outweigh him now."

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2010/06/mays-shows-stic.html#ixzz0rFHnxlPx

This has bad idea written all over it but it would be cool to see (maybe at the end of the season tho).

Originally posted by MSteitz468:
It can't be that hard on them, it's like sumo wrestling.

Just ask David Baas.
Just a plain stupid idea. I don't see what you gain by it, when the players did it last year they had lingering injuries all season. This is not a 4 win team anymore im gonna be pissed if one of our top players go down...

[ Edited by sean610 on Jun 18, 2010 at 15:32:39 ]
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Originally posted by sean610:
Just a plain stupid idea. I don't see what you gain by it, when the players did it last year they had lingering injuries all season. This is not a 4 win team anymore im gonna be pissed if one of our top players go down...

The players don't gain a measurable ability. Singletary has spoke about being physical in all facets of the game and creating leverage on every play. If a player can't handle a physical practice, it's likely he can't handle playing physical in a live game. You simply can't say you'll be physical and then it'll just happen. You've got to practice being physical.

Also, when did you get the idea that the 49ers had lingering injuries all season? Aside from Nate Clements, no 49er missed significant time (more than one game) on the defensive side of the ball.

[ Edited by redrathman on Jun 18, 2010 at 16:20:43 ]
Share 49ersWebzone