LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 201 users in the forums

The last drive of OTA's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Mex49
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by Joecool:
He hit 17, 18, and 31 yarders in what was it five or seven plays. I'm not complaining. The fact that the ball was spread from our RB to our TE to our WR should be a good sign of Rayes playcalling and Alexs decision making.

What I like about the TD is that it wasn't even in the play call. D. Walker saw that the S was up in the box and changed his route accordingly. Smith was going to the weak-side when he saw Walker making the change of direction peripherally and made the throw with touch.

Now that's how you do it! Paying attention to what the D gives you. Sure its practice, but QBs still have to react to what they give him. They gave him the opportunity to score and he did!

So Mex? Where are you man?

Youse gos some splainin' to do...

I would have liked it a whole lot better if our coaches could have drawn it up.

Still waiting

[ Edited by Mex49 on Jun 17, 2010 at 15:14:46 ]
Originally posted by Mex49:
He hit 17, 18, and 31 yarders in what was it five or seven plays. I'm not complaining. The fact that the ball was spread from our RB to our TE to our WR should be a good sign of Rayes playcalling and Alexs decision making.

What I like about the TD is that it wasn't even in the play call. D. Walker saw that the S was up in the box and changed his route accordingly. Smith was going to the weak-side when he saw Walker making the change of direction peripherally and made the throw with touch.

Now that's how you do it! Paying attention to what the D gives you. Sure its practice, but QBs still have to react to what they give him. They gave him the opportunity to score and he did!

Still waiting
I agree.. And i was one of the people (last season)who was mad that Raye would go deep on 2/3rd and shorts.. and go short on 2nd and 3rd and longs..
First off we are 8-8 until something changes, so there is still plenty that needs fixingso stop acting like everything is perfect already and we are just waiting for the trophy

Yeah Alex and the first string O scored a TD on a blow play by a 3rd string CB. That is great and im really excited for the O.

Too bad 6 of our starting D players weren't on the field, and since they weren't, maybe our coaches could have been more agressive than 4 and 5 yard passes when we needed 5 and 6 yards for a first. Even with all our weapons, will we ever be known as an attacking Offense?

Unfortunately I saw and remember quite clearly how so many of our drives went last year. A short pass or lame duck hand off to Gore and it is 2nd and long then its 3rd and long and then we punt.

It is the 2 minute drill, and it is practice against scrubs, can we pratice going for the f**king throat.

Firstly... it's still June. Secondly... 'Go for the f**cking throat'? Really? Isn't that what teams do when they see a 3rd string CB? or a weak formation? Seems to me that's what good teams/offenses do. Alex saw it and literally went for the throat. Would rather he scramble for the first down? I'm very confused by this post. Is it that the offense should have scored with one play... or maybe they could have scored and kicked an onside kick and scored again...
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Try decafe.

Laughed out loud at this response. Thanks man!
OH MY GOD!!! WHY THE HELL AREN'T WE RUNNING THE TECMO BOWL OFFENSE??? ANOTHER WASTED SEASON!
hes taking what the defense gives him and he needed improvement on the short passes so im sure he wants to practice those short range passes so they work when we need them in the REGULAR SEASON where it actually matters. chill out
Originally posted by zillabeast:
OH MY GOD!!! WHY THE HELL AREN'T WE RUNNING THE TECMO BOWL OFFENSE??? ANOTHER WASTED SEASON!

[ Edited by ninertico on Jun 18, 2010 at 15:10:56 ]
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Warm ups , bruh.

So practice throwing the ball 12 yards on a 1st down... for once!

How do you know there weren't routes down the field? Maybe they were covered?

More importantly, no pads. All of this doesn't really mean anything. The positive to take away from it could be the timing between QB and WRs is improving.

If a D with that many Stars missing is giving our 1st team O that kind of problems, we need a lot more practice.

No Pads favors the O by the way

Practice in general favors the offense. One of the ways a defense defends is by laying hits and forcing drops or causing fumbles or intimidating offenses into making poor decisions. They can't do any of that in practice because it's not full-contact, even when they put the pads on.
Originally posted by zillabeast:

LOL! Funny!

Still waiting

FINALLY! I now understand why we haven't had a winning season for so long. I HAVE THE SOLUTION TO THE 49ERS PROBLEMS!

It's all because we don't have Mex49 as our coach./ He knows better than Sing and his staff of professional coaches; he knows better how to prepare a professional football team for the season.

I suggest we fire everyone on the team, hire Mex and start from scratch. It might require we wait a few more years but I am certain we will have a SB team in no time, with Mex running the show!
Share 49ersWebzone