LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 145 users in the forums

The last drive of OTA's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Joecool:
He hit 17, 18, and 31 yarders in what was it five or seven plays. I'm not complaining. The fact that the ball was spread from our RB to our TE to our WR should be a good sign of Rayes playcalling and Alexs decision making.

What I like about the TD is that it wasn't even in the play call. D. Walker saw that the S was up in the box and changed his route accordingly. Smith was going to the weak-side when he saw Walker making the change of direction peripherally and made the throw with touch.

Now that's how you do it! Paying attention to what the D gives you. Sure its practice, but QBs still have to react to what they give him. They gave him the opportunity to score and he did!

So Mex? Where are you man?

Youse gos some splainin' to do...
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by Joecool:
He hit 17, 18, and 31 yarders in what was it five or seven plays. I'm not complaining. The fact that the ball was spread from our RB to our TE to our WR should be a good sign of Rayes playcalling and Alexs decision making.

What I like about the TD is that it wasn't even in the play call. D. Walker saw that the S was up in the box and changed his route accordingly. Smith was going to the weak-side when he saw Walker making the change of direction peripherally and made the throw with touch.

Now that's how you do it! Paying attention to what the D gives you. Sure its practice, but QBs still have to react to what they give him. They gave him the opportunity to score and he did!

So Mex? Where are you man?

Youse gos some splainin' to do...

Not to mention on those short yardage passes the defense might have actually been doing there jobs. So he just took what was open. It's better than a pick or in completion.
  • Mex49
First off we are 8-8 until something changes, so there is still plenty that needs fixingso stop acting like everything is perfect already and we are just waiting for the trophy

Yeah Alex and the first string O scored a TD on a blow play by a 3rd string CB. That is great and im really excited for the O.

Too bad 6 of our starting D players weren't on the field, and since they weren't, maybe our coaches could have been more agressive than 4 and 5 yard passes when we needed 5 and 6 yards for a first. Even with all our weapons, will we ever be known as an attacking Offense?

Unfortunately I saw and remember quite clearly how so many of our drives went last year. A short pass or lame duck hand off to Gore and it is 2nd and long then its 3rd and long and then we punt.

It is the 2 minute drill, and it is practice against scrubs, can we pratice going for the f**king throat.
Originally posted by Mex49:
First off we are 8-8 until something changes, so there is still plenty that needs fixingso stop acting like everything is perfect already and we are just waiting for the trophy

Yeah Alex and the first string O scored a TD on a blow play by a 3rd string CB. That is great and im really excited for the O.

Too bad 6 of our starting D players weren't on the field, and since they weren't, maybe our coaches could have been more agressive than 4 and 5 yard passes when we needed 5 and 6 yards for a first. Even with all our weapons, will we ever be known as an attacking Offense?

Unfortunately I saw and remember quite clearly how so many of our drives went last year. A short pass or lame duck hand off to Gore and it is 2nd and long then its 3rd and long and then we punt.

It is the 2 minute drill, and it is practice against scrubs, can we pratice going for the f**king throat.

O T A
Warm ups , bruh.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
Warm ups , bruh.

So practice throwing the ball 12 yards on a 1st down... for once!
Warm ups , bruh.

How do you know there weren't routes down the field? Maybe they were covered?

More importantly, no pads. All of this doesn't really mean anything. The positive to take away from it could be the timing between QB and WRs is improving.
  • Mex49
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Warm ups , bruh.

How do you know there weren't routes down the field? Maybe they were covered?

More importantly, no pads. All of this doesn't really mean anything. The positive to take away from it could be the timing between QB and WRs is improving.

If a D with that many Stars missing is giving our 1st team O that kind of problems, we need a lot more practice.

No Pads favors the O by the way

[ Edited by Mex49 on Jun 17, 2010 at 10:49:17 ]
Warm ups , bruh.

In my humble opinion, if you throw it 12 yards when the D is playing the pass, you're more than likely going to get picked off. If you throw it under where the D is playing soft, you'll probably build your way up towards a first down. Also, if you're in the final 2 minutes of a game, you pretty much 4 downs to get a first, so I really see no problem with getting 3-4 yard gains each down to get a first.
Originally posted by Quanex:
Warm ups , bruh.

In my humble opinion, if you throw it 12 yards when the D is playing the pass, you're more than likely going to get picked off. If you throw it under where the D is playing soft, you'll probably build your way up towards a first down. Also, if you're in the final 2 minutes of a game, you pretty much 4 downs to get a first, so I really see no problem with getting 3-4 yard gains each down to get a first.

Yeah, like the second team ended with an INT. Sometimes it is better to play smarter. Wait a minute... no, ALL the time!!

I guess our play selection hasn't gotten any better in the offseason.

Since it is only practice, can we please practice going for a first down for christ sakes. WTF

And then Mex49 emerges from the Parking Lot when a seemingly inconsequential post from Matt Barrows appears in the middle of June. It's just like Groundhogs Day (you wouldn't take anything from Puxatony Phil seriously, would you?)

So it's your assumption that the plays in question called for the primary receiver to be behind the first down marker.

Was Mex49 in the huddle when the play was called in? Did he know the defense alignment during the plays in question?

Don't kick off your annual hatefest of the 49ers and Mike Singletary on one drive in June practice for which you did not personally witness and have no knowledge of anything other than a transcript from a beat writer.

Like scoring a 31 yard TD?

dude we scored thats good

[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Jun 17, 2010 at 14:04:39 ]
  • Mex49
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

dude we scored thats good

Against a group of scrubs that blew the play. I feel much better about playng NO o Mnday night.

Im so relieved

Oh and by the way, the next group didn't!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
The objective of the 2 minute drill is to score, preferably a TD.. They did that... so what's the problem???
Share 49ersWebzone