LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

Clements will attend minicamp, Franklin won't

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Have faith in our players to be ready come regular season.

Besides, Franklin is 30+ age. The more rest, the better.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by kemp_j:
I'm glad Clemments is going to attend, finally. I can understand Franklin not attending if he doesn't have too......

Manny not attending is a mystery to me.... Manny has done a decent job on the field, but hasn't performed to the level of a 1st rounder. He needs to stop tripping and get in camp. This needs to be his break out year for him or he may be gone........

We gotta stop this nonsense. C'mon already. He hasn't performed to YOUR expectations of a 1st rounder.

When in fact the only thing he HASN'T performed well at is SACKS. That's it. But c'mon you cannot hold an injury against him. Actually the only way to do that is if he all but laid down as a result of the injury. In fact? He hasn't he's gotten BETTER in every statistic.

So please just stop with this childishness. He knows his importance to this team and wants a contract reflecting that. Is that too much to ask? I mean Frank got an extension directly after the '06 season did he not? What has he done up to this point that he warrants that and Manny don't?

You guys need to take a step back and look at the WHOLE picture not just the 1st rounder aspect of it. He's right to want more money considering that Brooks(I believe) who plays a THIRD of the downs got a better contract than he has. That right derrr would have my bacon sizzlin an my jo perculatin. It's THAT insultin.

~Ceadder

My point is the Niners can afford to lose Manny more than losing Franklin, if it comes down to money. So you're right, 1st or 7th round pick, it doesn't really matter. What matters most is performance on the field and he can't do that by holding out. That's where he is going to earn the contract he is seeking. In my mind Manny is expendable and Franklin is not.

By the way Franklin is playing at a pro bowl level and is argueably one the top NT's in the NFL. Are they saying that about Manny Lawson as a Linebacker????
Originally posted by prometheus:
IMO Aubrayo has been sort of a laggard in effort til last year and he is sorta pudgy and not in the best of shape. I suspect that RJF has already pretty much beaten him out.
Why waste time on someone when we have a young stud and pretty decent backups?
I think Khalif Mitchell and Balmer can do more then a decent job backing up Aubrayo and nose tackles don't last long in the nfl, especially smaller ones. Next year we can go after a big guy in the middle rounds. I think we should trade Franklin before he turns into garbage. I think everyone knows big money for more then one year is likely money wasted. Especially for a one year wonder.

Fail.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Franklin isn't the first franchise tagged player to miss OTA'S and mini camp and he sure as heck won't be the last.

Regarding depth, it's hard to find one good 3-4 NT let alone two.
It would be one thing if we had a new DC and the starters needed chemistry and understanding of the new defense but I like the fact that younger players are getting a chance to learn and develop. In the past 5 years, our starters needed to relearn everything each year that they got the bulk of the reps which hindered our development.
Share 49ersWebzone