LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 204 users in the forums

Clements will attend minicamp, Franklin won't

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Barrows

I hope this doesn't carry over into training camp.

-9fA
  • SportinWood
  • Info N/A
Come on Franklin
I'm glad Clemments is going to attend, finally. I can understand Franklin not attending if he doesn't have too......

Manny not attending is a mystery to me.... Manny has done a decent job on the field, but hasn't performed to the level of a 1st rounder. He needs to stop tripping and get in camp. This needs to be his break out year for him or he may be gone........
why isnt franklin attending didnt we place the franchise tag on him?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

He hasn't signed his tender so he won't get fined.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

He hasn't signed his tender so he won't get fined.

and he doesn't want to risk injury.
Glad to see Clements is coming. He is still 1 of our top 2 CB's. He should come with a chip on his shoulder from last year, hopefully this chip makes him play better. He needs to start playing like the #1 CB he is. This is a big season for him, he needs to justify that contract.

Spencer should be there also. He has yet to give any indication that he is unhappy with the team. If i remember correctly they cited his family as to the reason why he has not participated this year. His Agent said he his happy with his pay. I am a big Spencer fan. Last year he showed up Clements. The man is humble. Based off of last year, he deserves to start camp at #1 CB.

Lawson is iffy. He could show or he could skip it. He has not lived up to the 1st round status. I am not a fan of giving him a ton of money, he doesn't deserve it. He deserves to be paid no more then Haralson. In my eyes he hurt his stock this year. Brooks was already playing at a high level when the season ended and then to get all of Manny's reps during the off-season is icing on the cake. TC will be interesting at OLB this year.

Franklin is our Franchise player. Not sure when these players with the Franchise tag typically sign and start playing, but I hope it is soon. Then again I don't blame him for not being here. RJF's play will definitely effect the future of Franklin.
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
Lawson is iffy. He could show or he could skip it. He has not lived up to the 1st round status. I am not a fan of giving him a ton of money, he doesn't deserve it. He deserves to be paid no more then Haralson. In my eyes he hurt his stock this year. Brooks was already playing at a high level when the season ended and then to get all of Manny's reps during the off-season is icing on the cake. TC will be interesting at OLB this year.

Manny led the team in sacks and had three forced fumbles last year...if he improves this year by 2-3 sacks pay the man. He's rushing off Soap's side not Smith's and he covers the the field well. It's not like we drafted him in the top 10.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Manny should be a role player not a starter. I think that's become obvious now to the Niners.
I'm just getting sick and tired of all these prima donna athletes, already being paid obscene amts of cash, demanding more and more! And, the idiot owners pay them, which only perpetuates the upward spiral in salaries. Not to mentrion rookies who haven't played down one in the pros,expecting the moon! We have people working for slave wages, unemployed, losing their homes or their retirements, and THIS! Ticket prices are then making it difficult for the average Joe to attend games, let alone bring their families. Where does it stop? We should boycott games; that should send a message. Ok, that's my rant for the day.

IMO Aubrayo has been sort of a laggard in effort til last year and he is sorta pudgy and not in the best of shape. I suspect that RJF has already pretty much beaten him out.
Why waste time on someone when we have a young stud and pretty decent backups?
I think Khalif Mitchell and Balmer can do more then a decent job backing up Aubrayo and nose tackles don't last long in the nfl, especially smaller ones. Next year we can go after a big guy in the middle rounds. I think we should trade Franklin before he turns into garbage. I think everyone knows big money for more then one year is likely money wasted. Especially for a one year wonder.
Originally posted by prometheus:
IMO Aubrayo has been sort of a laggard in effort til last year and he is sorta pudgy and not in the best of shape. I suspect that RJF has already pretty much beaten him out.
I think Khalif Mitchell and Balmer can do more then a decent job backing up Aubrayo and nose tackles don't last long in the nfl, especially smaller ones. Next year we can go after a big guy in the middle rounds. I think we should trade Franklin before he turns into garbage. I think everyone knows big money for more then one year is likely money wasted. Especially for a one year wonder.

Who is the young stud and who are the decent back ups at NT?
Originally posted by lamontb:

Who is the young stud and who are the decent back ups at NT?
This.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
I'm just getting sick and tired of all these prima donna athletes, already being paid obscene amts of cash, demanding more and more! And, the idiot owners pay them, which only perpetuates the upward spiral in salaries. Not to mentrion rookies who haven't played down one in the pros,expecting the moon! We have people working for slave wages, unemployed, losing their homes or their retirements, and THIS! Ticket prices are then making it difficult for the average Joe to attend games, let alone bring their families. Where does it stop? We should boycott games; that should send a message. Ok, that's my rant for the day.

Nice rant, I have to agree.

Um we have a starting caliber backup NT? Since when?

This poster won't comment on this thread again, because he knows what he said is not true.
Share 49ersWebzone