LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 238 users in the forums

Brandon Jones countdown

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So heres the deal. were stacked at receiver. ( Crabtree, Morgan, Ginn, Williams, Hill) Brandon Jones no longer has any type of special teams value because of Ginn, Williams, and Leroy Vann. AND, they guy makes waayy to much money to be sitting on the sidelines.

Lets face it. The Brandon Jones signing was a mistake-Even if we DIDNT draft Crabtree. Once we got Crabtree, plus the... "emergence".. of Josh Morgan, it kind of made the Jones signing look kind of silly.

The only use for Brandon Jones at this point is putting him at KR over Michael Robinson in Madden. (Robinsons speed is a whopping, MIND BLOWING 78!!!)

So my fellow niners fans, lets all start the countdown till hes no longer a member of the 49ers. I have to admit, im looking forward to the day i read on espn "49ers release Jones"
This dude doesn't deserve any kind of Countdown...
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
This dude doesn't deserve any kind of Countdown...

lol this is funny but at the same time, so true
Countdown to being cut.
I just hope he doesnt get picked up by like the seahawks or something, and tear it up.
Originally posted by unst4bl3:
I just hope he doesnt get picked up by like the seahawks or something, and tear it up.

It's not like he was horrible in tennesse, he got hurt and we never used him, that makes the signing a real headscratcher.I think he gets cut because of his salary.
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
Countdown to being cut.
  • SportinWood
  • Info N/A
I want Brandon to do good. He is a solid option when healthy. But if he doesnt stay healthy and other guys do, tough luck. Get rid of him.
He was a waste of money and a roster spot. Zero production.

[ Edited by bigmike55 on Jun 16, 2010 at 00:26:03 ]
  • SportinWood
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by bigmike55:
He was a waste of money and a roster spot.

So far yea

Originally posted by teeohh:

It's not like he was horrible in tennesse, he got hurt and we never used him, that makes the signing a real headscratcher.I think he gets cut because of his salary.

Actually he was mediocre as f**k, TENN fans were happy to see him go (and not just because he wasn't a fan favorite), Jones was usually injured 1-2 times a year with the Titans.

He was a veteran-desperation signing (on McCloughan's part) to fill our WR depth before the 2009 draft (encase Issac Bruce was going to retire before finishing out his contract).
  • SportinWood
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Originally posted by teeohh:

Actually he was mediocre as f**k, TENN fans were happy to see him go (and not just because he wasn't a fan favorite), Jones was usually injured 1-2 times a year with the Titans.

He was a veteran-desperation signing (on McCloughan's part) to fill our WR depth before the 2009 draft (encase Issac Bruce was going to retire before finishing out his contract).

But still, he deserves a fair shot IMO
Share 49ersWebzone