LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

2002 NFC Wild Card Game: Giants @ 49ers... on NFL Network

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NinerGM:
It's amazing - Mora Jr. called a horrible defensive game and got a HC coach job in Atlanta. Only in the NFL you can totally fail at one job and get promoted somewhere else with more power and money! ROFL.

I have to say though, the passrush wasn't bad at all. I know we use to collectively howl about Carter but he looks pretty good out there. This team would have gone so much farther if we actually had a secondary that year.

Plummer
Bronson
Rumph

Compared to the secondary we have now, none of these guys start.

In this game, Plummer should be getting all those puke faces lol.
It's amazing - Mora Jr. called a horrible defensive game and got a HC coach job in Atlanta. Only in the NFL you can totally fail at one job and get promoted somewhere else with more power and money! ROFL.

I have to say though, the passrush wasn't bad at all. I know we use to collectively howl about Carter but he looks pretty good out there. This team would have gone so much farther if we actually had a secondary that year.

Plummer
Bronson
Rumph

You could say the same for Mike McCarthy (now the HC for the Packers) after the 2005 season. That guy still pisses me off!

[ Edited by PTulini on Jun 14, 2010 at 22:28:34 ]
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
I miss TO so much.

But NOOO hes a cancer and diva etc etc. WOW cant believe how stupid our fans and management was. He was a MONSTER period we needed to keep him. HA biggest mistake of last 10 years.
Originally posted by PTulini:

Plummer
Bronson
Rumph

You could say the same for Mike McCarthy (now the HC for the Packers) after the 2005 season. That guy still pisses me off!

True, but he hasn't done half bad since he got there.
LOL johnny Lynn, isnt he our DB's coach now?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Yes!! He coached against us during this game!

Yeah i just seen him talking to his players on the sidelines lol.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Yes!! He coached against us during this game! :)

So much irony to today's coaching staff!!!

Wasn't Tom Rathman our RB coach then too?
Originally posted by Axl49:
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
I miss TO so much.

But NOOO hes a cancer and diva etc etc. WOW cant believe how stupid our fans and management was. He was a MONSTER period we needed to keep him. HA biggest mistake of last 10 years.

I totally agree..a*****e off the field but when he would step on the field he was a beast
Here's a trivia question, who was the last player from that team to leave? (Since Heitmann was a 7th rounder, and not playing, he does not count...)
Watching this game last night I almost forgot how badly Mike Rumph and Ahmed Plummer got abused. It was hard watching the first three quarters. lol

Remember the Mooch! That was the last playoff appearance for our Niners and I can't wait for that streak to end THIS YEAR. I hope to see Smith, Gore, Davis and Crabtree out there in place of Garcia, Hearst, E. Johnson and T.O.
Man Mike Rumph was a horrible DB. Luckily the giants had Sehorn to balance that out.

Plummer
Bronson
Rumph

How did the Niners even make the playoffs with such a weak secondary?
I am watching right now- if Shockey caught that pass we were done. I can't believe we won this game. I seem to remember having faith we could come back but I must have been lying to myself cuz even though I know we win I can't see how it happened watching how bad they are getting outplayed!
Originally posted by SJniner7:
Here's a trivia question, who was the last player from that team to leave? (Since Heitmann was a 7th rounder, and not playing, he does not count...)

was it b young
Share 49ersWebzone