LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 325 users in the forums

Niners sign Anthony Dixon

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Well, no big news or even remotely surprising, but I haven´t seen it posted yet: The Niners hauled in another one of their draft picks, signing RB Anthony Dixon to a four-year contract.

Link
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Great news - he's my favorite pick.
Now he can leave a tip when he goes out to eat.
Originally posted by mayo63:
Great news - he's my favorite pick.

Apart from the two O linemen. And the ILB!
After watching the 2002-2003 49ers on NFL Network last night, I hope this kid doesn't become a second generation Kevan Barlow. You know.......a big back who dances around too much instead of making one cut, going downhill, and using his size to his advantage. That being said, I am glad to have him on the Niners roster.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
After watching the 2002-2003 49ers on NFL Network last night, I hope this kid doesn't become a second generation Kevan Barlow. You know.......a big back who dances around too much instead of making one cut, going downhill, and using his size to his advantage. That being said, I am glad to have him on the Niners roster.

I don't think he'll be KB v2.0. The few highlights I've seen, AD lowers his shoulder and takes on LBs and DBs instead of running out of bounds or dancing with the stars in the backfield. I look forward to him being more of a Rathman type of runner where there's less flashy moves and more power running...all he needs is a chance to show it.

Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

I don't think he'll be KB v2.0. The few highlights I've seen, AD lowers his shoulder and takes on LBs and DBs instead of running out of bounds or dancing with the stars in the backfield. I look forward to him being more of a Rathman type of runner where there's less flashy moves and more power running...all he needs is a chance to show it.

Have not seen him play, but what has been said from the coaches is that they want him to not dance as much, lower the boom, and play lower to the ground (runs a little high/to upright).
  • SportinWood
  • Info N/A
Share 49ersWebzone