There are 311 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ray McDonald - suspicion of DUI

Originally posted by bigmike55:
Originally posted by 9erluv415:

Wrong McDonald!

Well he should be arrested for making America fat!

He didnt make people fat...THE PEOPLE who CHOSE to eat there made themselves fat. If people did not CHOSE to eat there, they would have gone out of business a long time ago.
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by jreff22:
According to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, authorities arrested McDonald on Saturday night in San Mateo County.

"The 49ers are aware of the recent matter involving Ray McDonald," a 49ers spokesman told Maiocco. "Ray informed the organization of the situation immediately Saturday evening.

"We take these issues very seriously, but will reserve further comment at this time, as this is an ongoing legal matter. The 49ers will continue to gather the facts and monitor the developments closely."

McDonald's decision to immediately call the team suggests that he's smart. His failure, however, to call the team to arrange for a ride home before he drove drunk (allegedly) suggests he's not smart enough.

It was suspicion though right? He didn't take any tests or whatnot. So if that's the case, they don't really have a strong legal argument against him. He'll prob get a slap on the wrist and a stern warming from Singletary.

Is it only 'suspicion' until he goes to court and gets a final verdict? I can't imagine they didn't give him a breath test or sobriety test if they were suspicious.

I doubt they would hold him for 2 hours if he was sober...[/quote]

I doubt they would hold him for 2 hours if he was lit.
He will be ok if he behaves himself from this point and doesnt make any waves because of bad behavior
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
Originally posted by susweel:
Just go get some sacks and all will be forgotten.

this

I've already forgotten
Jailtime? No!

Woohoo!

Put em on the field as soon as he's ready!
  • mdiegnan
  • Info N/A
What caught my eye was that Ray was booked in at about 8PM Saturday night and released about 1 and a half hours later. Maybe there is something there to fight That seems like a very short time for possible DUI
Originally posted by mdiegnan:
What caught my eye was that Ray was booked in at about 8PM Saturday night and released about 1 and a half hours later. Maybe there is something there to fight That seems like a very short time for possible DUI

Blood test doesn't need to take long
Usually isn't it the guys we pick up via trade or free agency who go bad on us?
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by mdiegnan:

Blood test doesn't need to take long

True, but they generally hold you until you fully sober up and are safe to go.
Does anyone else feel McDonald is being wasted on the 49ers roster? I'm not saying the Niners don't know how to use him, I'm just saying he's a very talented guy better suited for a 4-3 defense as an end. He's disruptive in a 3-4 being undersized, but I think he would be a full time dominate starter in the right 4-3 system. He is lighting quick off the ball.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Jun 14, 2010 at 13:56:20 ]
Having been in a club setting with Ray Mac I can attest to the fact that the big man can get down with the best of him, clearly he overdid it and showed an error in judgment.

But I see no reason as to not give him the benefit of the doubt considering he has never caused any trouble prior to this incident.
Originally posted by btwagner:
Originally posted by 9erluv415:

Wrong McDonald!

Well he should be arrested for making America fat!

He didnt make people fat...THE PEOPLE who CHOSE to eat there made themselves fat. If people did not CHOSE to eat there, they would have gone out of business a long time ago.

Drug dealers don't kill people, the PEOPLE CHOSE to buy heroine. If people chose not to buy heroine, they would have gone out of business a long time ago.
See what I did there?

I'm just sayin.
San Mateo county... hmm ... DWB, speeding in a black BMW.... okay 94 is fast but we all know they pad radar guns like crazy. I was clocked doing "85MPH" on I-95 in Philadelphia at 8:45AM. Now those of you who are familiar with this road know it's physically impossible unless I had some sort of futuristic phase-mass device to go that fast during that time of morning. I went to court because I knew that was crap and even the judge didn't believe that "radar". It's like being accused of doing 80MPH on the 101 at 8:30AM. Suspicion ..... un huh.

[ Edited by NinerGM on Jun 14, 2010 at 15:41:27 ]
I'm thinking that he won't get released.

-9fA
Pendejo!!!