There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ray McDonald - suspicion of DUI

Just go get some sacks and all will be forgotten.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigmike55:

Originally posted by Kolohe:
I wouldn't be surprised if he was released now. Every 9er that has been arrested for a DUI was released. I hope they trade him instead of releasing him.

That under the Scotty Mac/ Nolan era? I think Sing will work with him

Wasnt Scotty Mac fired cause of alcohol problems?

Wrong McDonald!
Originally posted by ads_2006:
I wouldn't be surprised if he was released now. Every 9er that has been arrested for a DUI was released. I hope they trade him instead of releasing him.

Scotty Mac had to get rid of all the temptation!
Originally posted by GoldenIowa49er:
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by jreff22:
According to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com, authorities arrested McDonald on Saturday night in San Mateo County.

"The 49ers are aware of the recent matter involving Ray McDonald," a 49ers spokesman told Maiocco. "Ray informed the organization of the situation immediately Saturday evening.

"We take these issues very seriously, but will reserve further comment at this time, as this is an ongoing legal matter. The 49ers will continue to gather the facts and monitor the developments closely."

McDonald's decision to immediately call the team suggests that he's smart. His failure, however, to call the team to arrange for a ride home before he drove drunk (allegedly) suggests he's not smart enough.

It was suspicion though right? He didn't take any tests or whatnot. So if that's the case, they don't really have a strong legal argument against him. He'll prob get a slap on the wrist and a stern warming from Singletary.

Is it only 'suspicion' until he goes to court and gets a final verdict? I can't imagine they didn't give him a breath test or sobriety test if they were suspicious.

I doubt they would hold him for 2 hours if he was sober...
Off to the Bengals you go.
Originally posted by 9erluv415:

Wrong McDonald!

Well he should be arrested for making America fat!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ads_2006:

Actually Garcia was also arrested for a DUI and that was under the Erickson/Donahue era, and also fresh into his new 30 million dollar contract I believe.
Sucks but he's important to the DL rotation so he won't be going anywhere.
how do u get a suspicion of dui? if u .08 then its a dui. hes an athlete so i guess its suspicion? but who cares, thats a minmimal charge what they bust a million on memorial day lol
Originally posted by fan49:
how do u get a suspicion of dui? if u .08 then its a dui. hes an athlete so i guess its suspicion? but who cares, thats a minmimal charge what they bust a million on memorial day lol

We still have innocent until proven guilty in this country, so they say 'suspicion' even though he probably did a breathalizer and they know pretty much for sure that he was driving drunk.
Originally posted by susweel:
Just go get some sacks and all will be forgotten.

this
Let's wait for all the information to be released. However, he did the smart thing in at least informing the 49ers right after.