LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

John Clayton of ESPN says dez bryan better than crabtree

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This question is impossible to answer at the moment, but honestly I might take Bryant over Crabtree... they are both really good, but Bryant has a chance to be really special. I know the Broncos got rid of Marshall for character issues, but I think they will regret skipping Bryant and taking a different receiver... he'll be the steal of the draft, and his character "issues" are suspect.
How could anyone know this at this point? The "buzz" doesn't even know how could Crabtree is yet.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I'm so sick of the bryant/crabtree comparisons.
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
3. Wide receiver Michael Crabtree, San Francisco 49ers: Crabtree can catch everything, but the one thing he couldn't handle was not being a top-three pick in 2009. A fractured foot in February shattered his draft stock and allowed him to fall to the 49ers at No. 10. He held out until October before signing a six-year deal that could max out at $32 million. The good news for the 49ers is that Crabtree should max out his contract. He's the real deal. He caught 48 passes in 11 starts and averaged 13 yards a catch. That projects to a 70-catch, 910-yard season in 16 games. Now, he's had an offseason with starting quarterback Alex Smith and that should improve his numbers. As good as Crabtree is -- and he will be a factor in a possible 49ers playoff run -- the buzz around the league is that Dez Bryant of the Cowboys might be better

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=5271666

What do you guys thinks?

The buzz around the league is that Dez Bryant of the Cowboys might be better. The key phase is "might be better". We will see!
The only fact in that article is that crabs is the "real deal".......DEZ is going to be a bust. The cowboys suck b***s!
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
we could have had both

Plus DeSean Jackson

And be the west coast version of the detroit lions
Crabtree was much better in college BUT Dez is a better physical specimen.
Who knows? He could be a better pro... but Crabtree is a pretty damn good player. My money is on Crabs. We'll see soon enough.
i thought crabtree was considered the best WR in NCAA history. what were his stats again? potential this, potential that, give me production. thats all that matters. and how about his rookie year? miss offseason, training camp, couple games, switch at qb, no o line, and what are his stats? average that out for 16 games and its around 900 something yards. potential this, potential that. crabtree is a star. dez hasnt done anything yet. he hasnt even had that great of a college career. he spent last season suspended. crabtree won the beliflnot (sp) award as a FRESHMAN. he was a qb in HS. fast learner? and then he wins that award again. which FYI has NEVER been done before. crabtree is the only player in NCAA history to win that award twice.

what is there to compare?

crabtree is going to be a monster next year. wait and see. dez who?
  • EdEs
  • Veteran
Dez is not a better physical specimen, why ould anyone say that, because crabs never ran a 40? You guys are ridiculous he is one inch taller and my money is on crabtree to be way better? Crabtree has excellent hands plus tackle breaking ability. Dez bryant as far as im concerned will just be able to become a Crabtree has freakish hands and leaping ability.
"might be better"

Originally posted by NinerGM:
I think you're misreading this. He didn't say HE IS - he said buzz around the league is...

Exactly. He is part of the media and he still said it respectfully. No harm.
Crabtree is a better "pure" receiver. Crabs is and will be better than Bryant year in, year out.
ESPN Dalls Cowboys
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
we could have had both

Plus DeSean Jackson

more so desean than Bryant

Iupati better be worth it

The Samoan better be thrownin bodies around the 1st game.
Share 49ersWebzone