There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ahmad Brooks starts?

Ahmad Brooks starts?

• Walsh
  • Veteran
This guy came on last season and he's taking Manny's practice time. I think he'll start.

Article link from the AP.

null

[ Edited by Walsh on Jun 12, 2010 at 05:35:42 ]
I hope he starts & has a monster year!
If healthy, I expect amazing things from Brooks.
Not so sure.
I'm making the assumption that Manny gets a reality check and re-joins the team within the next 30-45 days. Could be that, during training camp, Brooks would initially get most if not all of the 1st team rep's at OLB. Manny would then slowly work back into the 1st team rotation as we head into the pre-season.

I would think that they would continue with last years 3rd down rotation pattern with Brooks as the primary pass rusher. Coaches have stated that he's still learning the OLB position and needs work at his coverage reads and drops.

Of course, the longer Manny sits out, the more my theory gets blown out of the water.

Is there any scientific way we could combine the two of them into one Pro-Bowl OLB?
First off, I don't understand Manny Lawson's entitlement. He's a 1st round pick and, truthfully, hasn't done much to prove his worth. He's asking for near Patrick Willis number and that is absolutely ridiculous. Does he not realize there's a very talented OLB right on his ass in the depth chart and on the field? It makes me mad that he's asking for a lofty contract when he has done nothing to even earn his first one when he originally signed.

Second, I believe that Brooks will start nearer to the end of the season. He is brimming with talent and has a great nose for the QB. He created great defensive turnovers and negative plays last year. Hopefully he continues to impress!
I'm 50/50 right now. Wouldn't be surprised either way.
He'll be brought in a passing downs still. By the end of the year, I expect that he'll be the starter. Like it not, he needs the reps because he's Manny's eventual replacement.
i thought that he and Paras played the same position and that Travis Laboy was the one that was filling in for Manny? either way, i like Ahmad Brooks, there's something about his presents on the field that i just get excited about. plus, i wouldn't be so hard on Manny, he's probably not gonna turn out to be our version of DeMarcus Ware, but he is a very serviceable backer that is very capable in pass coverage and run support.

just my 2 cents...
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I'd rather see Brooks start in place of Haralson. Haralson was better in pass-rushing situations.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'd rather see Brooks start in place of Haralson. Haralson was better in pass-rushing situations.

this and even then haralson is spotty
Singletary is going to put the best player out there. (see Michael Crabtree) Manny is better against the run, and by a long shot, so he's going to be in the game on 1st and 2nd downs, but you better believe Brooks is in the huddle on 3rd down/passing situations.
manny is definitely the weaker of the pass rushers out of our olb... id rather have laboy if hes healthy. but parys and brooks are prolly the best pass rushers on the squad, then laboy (if healthy) then manny

except haralson gets outran by mcnabb

Don't see this happening week 1 but we'll see.
Why not keep Brooks as a rotating LB and have him take over when Spikes leave??

Haralson, Brooks, Willis, Lawson BEAST!!