LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 198 users in the forums

IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WOULD YOU SHARE THE NEW STADIUM W/ THE RAIDERS ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

IF IT COMES DOWN TO IT, WOULD YOU SHARE THE NEW STADIUM W/ THE RAIDERS ?

While you're at it Good-Dell why not have Robert Kraft share a stadium with the Toronto Argonauts, or am I treading on Sacred Ground.
Charge them triple.
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by fandemonium:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
I would literally rather knock Levi's down and have the Niners go back to Candlestick than share Levi's with the Raiders.

Easy for you to say. You didn't just spend $1.3 billion to build the thing

You spent $1.3 billion to build Levi's? Can I borrow a few million please?

OK. Just this once
Like most Niner fans, I don't like the idea at all. I don't think there is much reason to worry about it happening because of the way the Niners have set up the expensive corporate packages. As I understand it, some of the packages which cost up to $80K include first pick options for "other events" that happen in the stadium during the year. Are the Raiders going to agree to no revenue from corporate suites?

Yes, it's hard to build a stadium in California. This is the first significant build since the late 60's. So the Niners have pulled off something that's extraordinary, something that hasn't happened in many decades. Why should the Raiders be able to hone in on that accomplishment? Forget it.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Unless the Raiders move back to LA its pretty much a done deal them sharing the new stadium.
Originally posted by susweel:
Unless the Raiders move back to LA its pretty much a done deal them sharing the new stadium.

Do you know something the rest of us aren't aware of? Why do you think this is a done deal?
Originally posted by crake49:

Do you know something the rest of us aren't aware of? Why do you think this is a done deal?

lol you took the bait sus left out
Originally posted by crabman82:

I'm on the left here:

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

Because no way they are building anything in Oakland and the Yorks can make even more money if they share the stadium. All signs point to it happening unless they move to LA.
Because no way they are building anything in Oakland and the Yorks can make even more money if they share the stadium. All signs point to it happening unless they move to LA.

So you think the Raiders will agree to Niners SBL-holders getting the first choice on their Raider game tickets? Really? Because as I pointed out, part of the contract for Levi Stadium SBL's is that holders get first crack at ALL non-Niner events that happen in the stadium. Those contracts have already been signed. If the Niners agreed to anything upsetting that structure, they would leave themselves open to multiple lawsuits.

Originally posted by crabman82:

NFL is considering a new stadium in LA for the raiders.
Originally posted by fister30:
NFL is considering a new stadium in LA for the raiders.

I find that to be much more plausible than a Niner-Raiders sharing. The NFL needs a stadium and a team in Southern California because it's a major market.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal

So you think the Raiders will agree to Niners SBL-holders getting the first choice on their Raider game tickets? Really? Because as I pointed out, part of the contract for Levi Stadium SBL's is that holders get first crack at ALL non-Niner events that happen in the stadium. Those contracts have already been signed. If the Niners agreed to anything upsetting that structure, they would leave themselves open to multiple lawsuits.

Hey I dont want it to happen either but I also understand the realities of the situation. It wouldn't be the end of the world it happened.
Hey I dont want it to happen either but I also understand the realities of the situation. It wouldn't be the end of the world it happened.

I think it would be horrible. You'd get a bunch of bitter Raider fans coming in with no respect for the building. There would be problems with vandalism, graffiti, etc. Plus, I just don't like the idea of the Niners pulling off something so extraordinary and then the Raiders coming in late and mooching. Screw em. If they need a new stadium, fricking build it. It's obviously not impossible - the Niners just did it.

I think it would be horrible. You'd get a bunch of bitter Raider fans coming in with no respect for the building. There would be problems with vandalism, graffiti, etc. Plus, I just don't like the idea of the Niners pulling off something so extraordinary and then the Raiders coming in late and mooching. Screw em. If they need a new stadium, fricking build it. It's obviously not impossible - the Niners just did it.

I agree. Brand new stadium and these lunatics just come in and just trash the place. I know they are in the AFC but I know the crime rate goes up when we face each other. So if they rent, again you think they will care? I know in the end it's all about money but will it be worth it in the end is the question. I think it's a new home for you guys on the west coast and some place for the east coast NINER fans or wherever to visit one day and enjoy the stadium. Not graffiti of raiders in the bathroom etc like crake mentioned. I mean guys? It's hard enough dealing with some of your own fans f$&@ing things up now deal with another fan club? He'll no. If they wana compare like New York? Both teams are New York teams and the stadium is here in jersey. My point is 2 different cities, problems when and if the teams meet and how many renovations will be going on during that time period the 49ers will be making all that money? How much patch up work they will be doing for 4 raider games a month in 4 months? Will it be worth it? This is me but that should be our baby and protect it and take care of it as long as we can.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Jul 21, 2014 at 2:37 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone