There are 209 users in the forums

? about new stadium?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by fan49:
parking garages are the stupidest ideas period. stop go stop go, then once u get out stop go stop go! accidents galore...picture backing out in tight spaces, and waiting on 100 cars til the 1 nice guy lets u out

If you're referring to parking garages for football fans, I get your point. If you're just saying that all parking garages, no matter what they're for, are stupid, then I'll have to disagree. They are a great way to add additional parking to places with limited space. I know I never would be able to find parking at the mall without the 5 story parking garage.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
parking garages are the stupidest ideas period. stop go stop go, then once u get out stop go stop go! accidents galore...picture backing out in tight spaces, and waiting on 100 cars til the 1 nice guy lets u out

If you're referring to parking garages for football fans, I get your point. If you're just saying that all parking garages, no matter what they're for, are stupid, then I'll have to disagree. They are a great way to add additional parking to places with limited space. I know I never would be able to find parking at the mall without the 5 story parking garage.

This.

If you're parked in a multi-level garage at a place where everyone leaves at once it's a total cluster-f**k. I've seen it before at a large movie theater after the power went out during a storm and they sent everybody home. It took us an hour and a half to get out . . . . and it wasn't the biggest parking garage in the world.

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jun 11, 2010 at 19:46:13 ]
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
There's no way in hell Jed would limit parking conditions to prevent tailgating/premium parking for prime-time games, this crap will get combed over during the financial-mapping before we break ground in 2012 (after we probably buy out Great America).

Yes this would be very nice!
Now, i know the vote got approved. Which doesn't mean anything except for we can build there if jed chooses and the money is there. I remember them mentioning car garages....

So my question is why the hell would anyone want to go to a game and park in a freakin 20 story parking garage? lol.

And are they still thinking about using them?

Reason i clown the idea is, how u gonna tailgate?

and

Does anyone even want to picture the nightmare of entering and exiting parking garages after while 80000 people are doing the same

The Padres have one for next to their stadium and it actually works pretty well. I know Petco only seats 42,000 but they do work for pro teams. We've parked there and didn't have much trouble getting out after the game.
Share 49ersWebzone