There are 295 users in the forums

? about new stadium?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Now, i know the vote got approved. Which doesn't mean anything except for we can build there if jed chooses and the money is there. I remember them mentioning car garages....

So my question is why the hell would anyone want to go to a game and park in a freakin 20 story parking garage? lol.

And are they still thinking about using them?

Reason i clown the idea is, how u gonna tailgate?

and

Does anyone even want to picture the nightmare of entering and exiting parking garages after while 80000 people are doing the same

[ Edited by fan49 on Jun 11, 2010 at 15:24:17 ]
I thought the garages were part of the SF plan which they shot down

[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Jun 11, 2010 at 15:25:42 ]
NO
  • PaulW
  • Veteran
They still plan to use parking garages along with the great america parking lot, I also remember Jed saying using an area at the practice facility for tailgating too.
yep, those are new stadium questions
Originally posted by fan49:

From what I can gather with what I've read is that there will be parking at Great America, proposed surface lots across the street in front of the country club and a proposed parking garage across the street at the Convention Center.

What I'd like to see them do is build a new Soccer Park somewhere in the neighborhood (north of the golf course looks open) and turn the existing soccer park next to the training facility into another surface lot . . . and s**t-can the parking garage idea.

I'll bet a relocated soccer park and a surface lot would be barely half the price of a new multi-level parking garage . . . and it would provide more tailgating. I actually wouldn't doubt that this idea has been in their back-pocket all-along and they just never mentioned it due to bad PR ("Evil Yorks want to pave over soccer park to make way for drunken tailgaters"). That might have lost a few votes even knowing they would build a new park.
There's no way in hell Jed would limit parking conditions to prevent tailgating/premium parking for prime-time games, this crap will get combed over during the financial-mapping before we break ground in 2012 (after we probably buy out Great America).

[ Edited by SnakePlissken on Jun 11, 2010 at 16:31:36 ]
question about new stadium question
There will be a parking garage right next to the hotel (and it was in the works long before the sradium), but the lions share of the parking will be regular parking and tailgating will not be a problem.

In fact, one of the main reasons the SF bid failed was because it required the worlds largest parking structure and THAT would eliminate tailgating.

The parking garage will only be for a small % of the traffic.

Traffic will be much less of a problem at the new site with Amtrak, Light Rail, Buses, three major freeways, and large 6 lane roads all around the stadium.

[ Edited by Marvin49 on Jun 11, 2010 at 16:45:44 ]

Originally posted by redrathman:

Originally posted by PaulW:
They still plan to use parking garages along with the great america parking lot, I also remember Jed saying using an area at the practice facility for tailgating too.

They'll be using local business' parking as well.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadMoneyMarshall:
question about new stadium question

its called blogging! as ? = question
  • fan49
  • Veteran
parking garages are the stupidest ideas period. stop go stop go, then once u get out stop go stop go! accidents galore...picture backing out in tight spaces, and waiting on 100 cars til the 1 nice guy lets u out

[ Edited by fan49 on Jun 11, 2010 at 18:09:17 ]
parking garages are the stupidest ideas period. stop go stop go, then once u get out stop go stop go! accidents galore...picture backing out in tight spaces, and waiting on 100 cars til the 1 nice guy lets u out

Yup . .

Share 49ersWebzone