LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

Whose improvement are you MOST excited to see next season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Whose improvement are you MOST excited to see next season?

Got to be Crabtree...a full off-season will give him the full picture of what it takes to succeed in the NFL. That he did as well as he did last year w/o that is a testament to his commitment and talent to be the best.
Originally posted by jsaniner:
Originally posted by Ninersdeep:
crabtree
Agree, Crabtree will emerge as an elite NFL receiver and make the Pro Bowl. It's a lock.

Lock? Hmm, 4 Probowler WR for the NFC:

Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Miles Austin, Marques Colston, Sidney Rice, Desean Jackson, Steve Smith, etc.

I hope he is in the conversation, but a 90+ rec. 1200+ yd. 8+ TD season is going to be necessary for the Pro Bowl.
MC, T-Brown, Brooks, and Nate Davis.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
crabtree
Agree, Crabtree will emerge as an elite NFL receiver and make the Pro Bowl. It's a lock.

Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Miles Austin, Marques Colston, Sidney Rice, Desean Jackson, Steve Smith, etc.

I hope he is in the conversation, but a 90+ rec. 1200+ yd. 8+ TD season is going to be necessary for the Pro Bowl.

is that all? he'll have that by the bye week and i dont see why he shouldnt have a hell of a year, if smith gets protection and jimmy raye tailored the offense to our teams strengths we should get some great numbers out of our receiving threats.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
crabtree

is that all? he'll have that by the bye week and i dont see why he shouldnt have a hell of a year, if smith gets protection and jimmy raye tailored the offense to our teams strengths we should get some great numbers out of our receiving threats.

That would be great! Its just been awhile since we had a receiver with those stats
Originally posted by Bejaard49er:
Originally posted by nicedraw94080:
i actually would like to see the improvement of our pass-protection for Alex under center , and the pressure our D-line puts on the opponents Qb.....

but of course i voted for Alex Smith.

+1

If our pass protection dramatically improves and the hype about Smith making huge strides this spring is true then our offense could be very, very dangerous.

Exactly , IMO the game will always be won in the trenches on both sides of the ball. I believe this line we have has the nuts to punch people in the mouth and intimidate opposing d-lines. I want to see scuffles , maybe even a few 15 yarders early in the season defending Alex,Frank or whoever. It shows loyalty to the "team" and gets me pumped up to see our o-line sticking up for our position players.

If this is true, defenses will have their hands full on who to focus on; Gore on the ground , Vernon down the seems, (i'd like to see more short crossing routes & have Vernon catch on the run horizontally) Crabbs on the outside AND possibly Morgan or Ginn jr stretching the field on the vertical routes.

When our O-line holds up their end of the bargain; our defense will get more rest to tear up opponents, we should have less 3 & outs , and more possesions to score points = more wins..

[ Edited by nicedraw94080 on Jun 15, 2010 at 15:12:56 ]
  • SportinWood
  • Info N/A
Brian Jennings
Share 49ersWebzone