LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 268 users in the forums

Whose improvement are you MOST excited to see next season?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Whose improvement are you MOST excited to see next season?

Considering how heavy this season will depend on Alex Smith's success, he better succeed. I would not really say I am excited to see him, but sure as hell hope he does well...
i actually would like to see the improvement of our pass-protection for Alex under center , and the pressure our D-line puts on the opponents Qb.....

but of course i voted for Alex Smith.
crabtree
Originally posted by Ninersdeep:
crabtree
Agree, Crabtree will emerge as an elite NFL receiver and make the Pro Bowl. It's a lock.
Originally posted by nicedraw94080:
i actually would like to see the improvement of our pass-protection for Alex under center , and the pressure our D-line puts on the opponents Qb.....

but of course i voted for Alex Smith.

+1

If our pass protection dramatically improves and the hype about Smith making huge strides this spring is true then our offense could be very, very dangerous.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
If Alex improves this team wins games. It is that simple

exactly
I chose Frank Gore. I think he's starting to get up there in RB years and with a revamped O-line, Crabs and VD keeping safetys honest, this could be one of his last shots at a huge season... or what I mean is that in these next 2-3 seasons will be the ones to define his career imo.
I'm going with Crabs. He has the potential to be great.
I think the obvious answer would be Alex Smith. The better he is = more wins.

Another obvious answer is ANYBODY THAT PLAYS O-LINE. Now, I know the line will most likely feature 2 new additions with Iupati and Davis. And since they weren't Niners last season, you can't really say you're excited to see their improvements as players. However, I am excited to see improvements from their spots on the line.

On defense, I'd have to say Nate. I remember reading blogs from last season saying that he was freelancing way too much. I assume that means he was out of posisition too often. Another player is Haralson. I know everybody is talking about Brooks, but Haralson's play really fell off last season. I hear he played most of the season with a hip injury or something...so I'm hoping he can stay healthy this season.

[ Edited by AKfanster on Jun 12, 2010 at 15:40:51 ]
Aside from the obvious things like Alex and crabs......I want to see iupati and the line and how they open up running lanes for frank gore. If he has a season like he did in 06 then we won't have to depend on Alex so much.

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Alex Smith
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
i didnt Know P-Wiilie had to improve???

The scary thing is that he can
Alex, duh. Didn't even have to read the thread.
It's obviously got to be A Smith followed by a major improvement in our OL finally in both pass protection and run blocking.
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
If Alex improves this team wins games. It is that simple

exactly

+1
Share 49ersWebzone