There are 244 users in the forums

Ridiculous Ratto on Raiders

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Ray Ratto, the official anti-49ers pseudo-sports writer, has done it again; he has made absurd remarks about how the 49ers are going to have to work with Al Davis and the Raiders in order to ultimately complete a deal for the Santa Clara stadium.

Jed York has already said on the record that there are no plans to share the stadium, nor is it financially necessary to house two football teams in the same stadium to make it work. Jed York will not become involved with the maniac Al Davis.

Ratto, like always, is trying to stir up trouble where none exists. He really ought to be forcibly retired; he is so biased against the San Francisco 49ers that he doesn't belong writing in this market.

Maybe Ratto would lay down cash money - I'll bet him $1,000 right now - that the 49ers and Raiders will never share a stadium, certainly not the new stadium to be built in Santa Clara.

But Ratto would never take such a bet, because he knows he is spouting rhetoric and nothing more. Ratto is a tremendous waste of space and ink!
I believe that Ratto writes controversial material to get us to talk about it. The best way of dealing with a Ratto type is to ignore him.
Agreed. Ratto is a douche
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
I believe that Ratto writes controversial material to get us to talk about it. The best way of dealing with a Ratto type is to ignore him.

This. No need to get worked up over Ratto. He writes opinion columns for entertainment purposes only.

Yeah, Ratto and every single other sports writer in the business. That's how it works. See how effective it is? It got a thread on this forum talking about him.
I know you are all correct about Ratto but it continues to bother me, how blatant he is in his prejudicial and frankly, frequently stupid ramblings... and he is always anti-49er!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Yeah, Ratto and every single other sports writer in the business. That's how it works. See how effective it is? It got a thread on this forum talking about him.

Exactly, mission accomplished. He would be ROFL to see people creating threads talking about how his columns piss them off.
There's 3 ways to get famous

1. Having creative and breakthrough ideas and getting rich

2. Getting half the world to hate you

3. Paris Hilton way
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Originally posted by Joecool:
There's 3 ways to get famous

1. Having creative and breakthrough ideas and getting rich

2. Getting half the world to hate you

3. Paris Hilton way

post of the day
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Ray Ratto, the official anti-49ers pseudo-sports writer, has done it again; he has made absurd remarks about how the 49ers are going to have to work with Al Davis and the Raiders in order to ultimately complete a deal for the Santa Clara stadium.

Jed York has already said on the record that there are no plans to share the stadium, nor is it financially necessary to house two football teams in the same stadium to make it work. Jed York will not become involved with the maniac Al Davis.

Ratto, like always, is trying to stir up trouble where none exists. He really ought to be forcibly retired; he is so biased against the San Francisco 49ers that he doesn't belong writing in this market.

Maybe Ratto would lay down cash money - I'll bet him $1,000 right now - that the 49ers and Raiders will never share a stadium, certainly not the new stadium to be built in Santa Clara.

But Ratto would never take such a bet, because he knows he is spouting rhetoric and nothing more. Ratto is a tremendous waste of space and ink!

typical raider douche too drunk or drugged up to make any sense! ratto is a dips**t!
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Exactly, mission accomplished. He would be ROFL to see people creating threads talking about how his columns piss them off.

You are absolutely correct!

However, it is also a catharsis of sorts for many of us. I generally do not start these threads but every once in a while Ratto writes something truly revolting and it feels good to say something about it and have others resonate to those same feelings!
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
I know you are all correct about Ratto but it continues to bother me, how blatant he is in his prejudicial and frankly, frequently stupid ramblings... and he is always anti-49er!

Unless........................you are Ray Ratto
Ratto is just playing to his image. He is supposed to be the doomsayer and the curmudgeon. Of course, he would write about the worst case scenario........that's his role at the Chronicle and in Bay Area Sports media (KNBR, CSN Bay Area, Chronicle Live). His whole schtick is (FILL IN THE BLANK) are doomed, they'll never make it! You just have to take him with a HUGE grain of salt.
Share 49ersWebzone