LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 256 users in the forums

Now that we know were moving to Santa Clara are you happy?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Now that we know were moving to Santa Clara are you happy?

Originally posted by WildBill:
At any rate, looking at the webpage, makes me wish I was living there and rich enough for the club seats or suites. They look so cool.

However, it looks like some fans may lose out? The stadium is smaller than the stick.

Club seats stated at 9000, is that part of the 68500 or is that in addition to it.

It says also for special events it can be made to seat 75,000-wow if they sell out why don't they just already add those extra 7,000 unless it encroaches on the club seats or suites.

Hope to one day go see a game in the new plex, after visiting some friends in Sf, after all its only and hour away at most.

*******Candlestick_______New Stadium*******

Year Opened*******1960_______2014

Cost to Build*******$32 million _______$937 million

Total Seating Capacity*******69,900_______68,500

Club Seats*******0_______9,000

Suites*******94_______162

Stadium Sq. Footage*******985,000_______1,850,000

Concourse Width (ft)*******19_______63

Scoreboard Sq. Footage*******1,296_______5,168

Fascia Scoreboards*******0_______2

Fascia Scoreboard Area*******0_______4,800

Elevators*******3_______17

Escalators *******6_______30

Concession Pts. of Sale*******239_______370

Restroom Fixtures*******885_______1,135

Heavy Rail Line*******No_______Yes

Light Rail Line*******No_______Yes

Parking Spaces*******18,000_______40,000

Freeway Entries / Exits*******4_______13
Happy as hell, and we will stay SF, no way we wont be.

As for haters, please shut it, and go complain about something else. Im sick of haters, And those who would rather be in LA are morons, Atleast we are staying in the bay area, and not LA.

GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Candlestick Emporium
I'm on the east coast, but I am curious to know the actual distance from San Francisco to Santa Clara? For those lucky enough to attend the games on a regular basis, will the drive be tough? (Traffic)

And to answer the question I'm I happy about the move? Well since I'm on the east coast it doesn't matter too much to me, but yes. As long as we don't pull a Cleveland to Baltimore move and I really couldn't see us moving to LA.
Originally posted by LanceQ:
I'm on the east coast, but I am curious to know the actual distance from San Francisco to Santa Clara? For those lucky enough to attend the games on a regular basis, will the drive be tough? (Traffic)

And to answer the question I'm I happy about the move? Well since I'm on the east coast it doesn't matter too much to me, but yes. As long as we don't pull a Cleveland to Baltimore move and I really couldn't see us moving to LA.

from DOWNTOWN San Francisco it 40-45 miles south to the Santa Clara site, while from Candlestick itself, maybe 35-40 miles. SFO airport is 30-35 miles from the santa clara area.

Depending on traffic expect 1-1 1/2 hour drive from SF, plus add an additional half hour to find parking. of course public transport (heavy rail from the city to the south bay, light rail to get to the stadium area itself) should cut those times by a good 1/2 - 1 hour and ease parking headaches. Traffic on the Peninsula (SF to SJ) is heaviest during weekday commutes, so for gamedays on Monday or Thursday expect an extra hour delay.

But by 2014, unless you're including a full tour of San Francisco and plan to stay near the city, your best best is to get accommodations as close to Santa Clara as possible.

if your flying from the east coast to see a game, i suggest plan for a weekend getaway (friday-sunday evening at least). San Jose International is the closest airport to Santa Clara (you can hear the planes from there roaring overhead in alot of videos shot at the 49ers practice facility). there's like 3-4 main hotels a few blocks from the stadium site, and one (its next to the city convention center) where you could literally walk across the street to see the game. also, if you bring family, there's a theme park next door (it used to be Paramount/Nickelodeon-themed, don't know what it is now) that also has a waterpark, but they're operating season is from March-Oct (and probably closed for gamedays).

[ Edited by Buonaparte69 on Jun 9, 2010 at 19:04:43 ]
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
Originally posted by LanceQ:

from DOWNTOWN San Francisco it 40-45 miles south to the Santa Clara site, while from Candlestick itself, maybe 35-40 miles.

Depending on traffic expect 1-1 1/2 hour drive from SF, plus add an additional half hour to find parking. of course public transport (heavy rail from the city to the south bay, light rail to get to the stadium area itself) should cut those times by a good 1/2 - 1 hour and ease parking headaches.

But by 2014, unless you're including a full tour of San Francisco and plan to stay near the city, your best best is to get accommodations as close to Santa Clara as possible.

if your flying from the east coast to see a game, i suggest plan for a weekend getaway (friday-sunday evening at least). San Jose International is the closest airport to Santa Clara (you can hear the planes from there roaring overhead in alot of videos shot at the 49ers practice facility). there's like 3-4 main hotels a few blocks from the stadium site, and one (its next to the city convention center) where you could literally walk across the street to see the game. also, if you bring family, there's a theme park next door (it used to be Paramount/Nickelodeon-themed, don't know what it is now) that also has a waterpark, but they're operating season is from March-Oct (and probably closed for gamedays).

Excellent information! Thank you very much. And you're right, a three or four day stay would be ideal. If I get the chance to get out that way to see a game I'm going to look you up here on the Zone for much needed do's and don'ts.

Also, that's a pretty good drive from SF to Santa Clara, I'm sure there are a few fan regulars not too happy about the move. After all this time being a 9er Faithful, I always thought the Santa Clara Training Camp site was much closer. I tell ya, your home state is Plenty Big.

[ Edited by LanceQ on Jun 9, 2010 at 19:22:22 ]
ehhh Im a traditionalist but times are a changing and if SC is willing to throw down the $ then go for it
Originally posted by WildBill:
At any rate, looking at the webpage, makes me wish I was living there and rich enough for the club seats or suites. They look so cool.

However, it looks like some fans may lose out? The stadium is smaller than the stick.

Club seats stated at 9000, is that part of the 68500 or is that in addition to it.

It says also for special events it can be made to seat 75,000-wow if they sell out why don't they just already add those extra 7,000 unless it encroaches on the club seats or suites.

Hope to one day go see a game in the new plex, after visiting some friends in Sf, after all its only and hour away at most.

Unfortunately less seats create more demand, resulting in higher ticket prices and revenue in the long run. Club seats are a HUGE cash cow in the NFL, so yes they definitely wouldn't add the extra seats if it impeded the club area.

Share 49ersWebzone