There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Which company do you want to get the naming rights to a new 49ers stadium ?

Which company do you want to get the naming rights to a new 49ers stadium ?

Would it be ironic if the Niners leave San Fran and name their new locale Cisco Field?
ebay on the bay.
Anything but Google. As much as I appreciate their neo-corporate attitude, they are far too political. There is no doubt in my mind when we go to sign Michael Vick next year they will threaten to pull their name and funding....
I think Wells Fargo Field would be the best fit. Wells Fargo shares the same roots of the 49ers. both came about during the gold rush. wells fargo is headquartered in san francisco and Wells Fargo's colors are red and gold. perfect match imo.
Originally posted by niner_empire:
I think Wells Fargo Field would be the best fit. Wells Fargo shares the same roots of the 49ers. both came about during the gold rush. wells fargo is headquartered in san francisco and Wells Fargo's colors are red and gold. perfect match imo.

Thats a great idea!

We can call it "Bail out Stadium."
VIVID FILMS FIELD

Naughty America Stadium

(rename the theme park next door also, of course with a new "theme")
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Google. By far.

Oracle by farther.

There's already an Oracle sponsored site. That would be REALLY confoozing.

HOW BOUT NOT NAMING IT ANY THING OTHER THAN TEAM RELATED.

Or hell how about Rebok having their name plastered on the side of the building. Considering they do make the gear the players wear.

But honestly

I would just like to have it be Walsh Field and be done with it. All that extraneous stuff is BULLPUCKY, can't believe this even got a talking point in 9er Talk.

~Ceadder
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
my cock
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Google. By far.

yep, they would make it nice. Plenty of cash
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
Originally posted by baltien:
-Adobe Field/Park/Stadium sounds kind of 'eh' at first ring. But maybe it would grow on me.

-Apple would probably require you to buy a pair of iShades to watch the game. That's because it will be encoded in a visual format invisible to the naked eye.

-AMD should worry more about trying to turn a profit than naming a stadium.

-Nothing against Intel but the name just doesn't pop.

-'Cisco Field at Santa Clara' doesn't sound bad. I'd be on board with that.

-If eBay gets the naming rights, expect the stadium to be called "Seller's Fees Park."
Losers.

-Google is the "hippest" company out of this bunch. It wouldn't surprise me to see them make a bid for naming rights, and I'm sure they'd get plenty of support. They'd probably throw in free Wi-Fi for the entire city too. "Google Park" sounds kind of silly but the same could be said for most of their services.

-HP seems like another good choice. 'Hewlett-Packard Field' is kind of catchy.

-NVIDIA. Not a bad company but I don't see what they could name the field that involves 'NVIDIA' and it not sound horrid.

-I thought the guy that owned Oracle was looking to buy the Seahawks? And "Oracle Field" sounds like somewhere you go to find the meaning of life.

-I'll pass on Yahoo. And trust & believe Google would never let that happen anyway.

-'Facebook Field/Park or whatever' sounds incredibly lame, and any team that plays in a stadium named after Facebook doesn't deserve to win anything, ever.

….you can tell I work in the tech field right?

LARRY ELLISON (once the second richest billionaire in America) is the favorite to buy the GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS, who currently play in ORACLE ARENA in Oakland.

The Seattle Seachickens are owned by semi-retired, nearly-former billionaire PAUL ALLEN, co-founder of Microsoft and currently battling cancer.

Yea, I know who currently owns it. I was saying that at one point in time I thought Larry Ellison was reported as being interested in buying the Seahawks.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Vivid Video

Goatse Park
Originally posted by Giant9er:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Vivid Video

Goatse Park

ENRON STADIUM
It has to be either something involved with silicon valley (google, yahoo, amd, nvidia, solyndra, etc.) or maybe even my future field, biotech (since this is a major hub)