LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

Which company do you want to get the naming rights to a new 49ers stadium ?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Which company do you want to get the naming rights to a new 49ers stadium ?

Originally posted by JizzmasterZero:
Toyota Field. You just can't stop em!

Originally posted by Kolohe:
Oracle by farther.

Maybe not as good as "The Stick"
but "The Oracle", has a nice ring to it.

Originally posted by zillabeast:

Hey, they're local too. Think of it. SKYWALKER STADIUM.

I can see it now, they could use this marketing phrase when the Stadi opens.

San Francisco 49ers
"Return of The Jedi"
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
How about Great American Field? lol j/k

They don't have the money to buy the naming rights, though it is a cool name.

isn't there already a baseball field with that name? (i think cincy's)

funny 'cos way back in 2001? when the A's were threatening to move to santa clara as well, that's what many figured their ballpark would be named : Great America Ballpark.
Originally posted by VaRaven69:
Originally posted by Druckenmiller14:
This won't be any easy task though. The Cowboys still haven't gotten naming rights after a season of playing in their amazing stadium. Also the Giants/Jets still haven't gotten any takers and they represent one of the largest cities in the world.

They do play in Jersey tho, and if you've never been there don't go. It truly is the armpit of america

Even with that, they still are called the NEW YORK Giants/Jets. You'd think someone would want to sponser their stadium lol.
I'd be happy with either Cisco or Oracle Stadium...both companies have long-standing ties in the Bay Area (Silicon Valley) and either would be good. I still have hope that Larry Ellison can buy the Warriors...and if that happens, their arena would become Oracle Arena. So, if I had to pick one "sponsor" I think Cisco would be appropriate.
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
How about Great American Field? lol j/k

They don't have the money to buy the naming rights, though it is a cool name.

isn't there already a baseball field with that name? (i think cincy's)

funny 'cos way back in 2001? when the A's were threatening to move to santa clara as well, that's what many figured their ballpark would be named : Great America Ballpark.

Yeah, you're right, there is a baseball park with that name. Is that a sponsored name or did they just name it Great American Field (or park)?

I've been waiting for the A's to get a new park since the mid-90's... I don't think they ever will.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Whoever ponies up the most money.

So long as they call it "Bill Walsh Field at (your name here) Stadium" I don't really care.

[ Edited by Lifer on Jun 9, 2010 at 07:08:59 ]
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I'd be happy with either Cisco or Oracle Stadium...both companies have long-standing ties in the Bay Area (Silicon Valley) and either would be good. I still have hope that Larry Ellison can buy the Warriors...and if that happens, their arena would become Oracle Arena. So, if I had to pick one "sponsor" I think Cisco would be appropriate.

funny thing is, the Warriors already play in Oracle Arena!!
Why not take a page out of Homer SimpsonĀ“s Playbook and call it:

AdobeAMDAppleCiscoeBayGoogleHPIntelNVIDIAOracleYahooStupidFlanders Park?

I think Intel Corporation would be a perfect fit. They have the bucks, they're Santa Clara based and literally a stones throw from the stadium site.

Yeah, Intel Stadium would be cool. WRT Oracle Arena, my bad...while they have the name, they don't have the right owner. I think Ellison would be a huge improvement over their current douschebag.
Why one company. Have them Bid on the Stadium Name, Section Names, Parking Lot Designations, Street Names that access the Field.

Walsh Field
Ground Level Seating, between the 40's The Montana Section provided by Google
2nd Tier Seating, between the 40's - The Young Section provided by Apple
3rd Tier behind the Goal Posts - The Brodie Section provided by Intel

Instead of Parking in Section A. You park in Oracle Parking

Streets leading to the Stadium. Cisco Way. Sybase Dr.

Why limit the sponsorships? This stadium is gonna cost close to a BILLION dollars. Probably go over budget anyway. We need all the help we can get.
Anchor Steam Stadium
Originally posted by BigRon:
Why one company. Have them Bid on the Stadium Name, Section Names, Parking Lot Designations, Street Names that access the Field.

Walsh Field
Ground Level Seating, between the 40's The Montana Section provided by Google
2nd Tier Seating, between the 40's - The Young Section provided by Apple
3rd Tier behind the Goal Posts - The Brodie Section provided by Intel

Instead of Parking in Section A. You park in Oracle Parking

Streets leading to the Stadium. Cisco Way. Sybase Dr.

Why limit the sponsorships? This stadium is gonna cost close to a BILLION dollars. Probably go over budget anyway. We need all the help we can get.

Very forward THINKING, I like !

^ Ahora yo la puedo joder!

Share 49ersWebzone