LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 295 users in the forums

NFL.com's Steve Wyche has 49ers at #13 in Power Rankings

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eric90clark:
And i like how were rated higher than the Cardifails. Finally someone with some sense Start the Wyche chaaaaaant!!! When i say Steve, you say WYCHE! STEVE! WYCHE! STEVE! WYCHE!

I will never chant that name
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by zillabeast:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'd put us between 15-20, we haven't proven a thing yet.

I'd actually rank Seattle higher than us to be honest. If their O-line and Hasselbeck are or stay healthy, I wouldn't overlook them. Their defense was a little banged up and they still kept from ranking near the bottom of the NFL.

I know you are just trying to be cautiously optimistic after years of dissapointment, but you're smoking crack if you thing Pete Carroll's lawless Seahawks have a better team than we do.

Like I said when healthy their offense can be top 10 in this league. I'd bet if Seattle had health last year, Jim Mora most likely would've kept the job. But now they've added some holes and also have a solid O-line coach in Alex Gibbs. And you could say, Carroll is a bust as a NFL HC, but this year he could just pull a Norv Turner.
Daaaaayum, ahead of the Titans, Giants, Eagles and the Steelers. On NFL Sirius with Adam Shine and Rich Gannon, the 9ers are getting much love on the stadium issue and the team in general. They were talking in particular about how Willis handeled his contract vs. what Chris Johnson, Revis and Andre Johnson are doing. They praised Willis for keeping it low key and just letting it happen instead of making it an issue and how the 9ers got it done quickley and under the radar.
Originally posted by BigDaddy:
Daaaaayum, ahead of the Titans, Giants, Eagles and the Steelers. On NFL Sirius with Adam Shine and Rich Gannon, the 9ers are getting much love on the stadium issue and the team in general. They were talking in particular about how Willis handeled his contract vs. what Chris Johnson, Revis and Andre Johnson are doing. They praised Willis for keeping it low key and just letting it happen instead of making it an issue and how the 9ers got it done quickley and under the radar.

It's my hope that Vernon follows suit.
Maybe a little high but I'll take it!
Originally posted by teeohh:
steelers are going to be poop

i wish i could agree with you, but they always bounce back, when is the last time they laid an egg two years in a row?

i like where we are in that list...i would prolly shuffle the top teams and i dont think chicago and carolina will be quite as awful as he predicts
Eagles, Seahawks, and maybe the Titans should be ahead of us.
Originally posted by cwilson830:
Maybe a little high but I'll take it!

agreed
Originally posted by waiting4number6:

No way, Eagles and Seahawks should be ranked ahead of us. The Seahawks have the highest turnover ratio this year, which usually spells a pretty bad season, but the new coaches and installing the new schemes. And Kolb hasn't proven he's as good as McNabb.
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Originally posted by waiting4number6:

No way, Eagles and Seahawks should be ranked ahead of us. The Seahawks have the highest turnover ratio this year, which usually spells a pretty bad season, but the new coaches and installing the new schemes. And Kolb hasn't proven he's as good as McNabb.

We probably have a better team than Seattle, but they have a QB we don't. Hell they may have two with the enigma of Charlie Whitehurst backing Hassensack up. And their O-line went from awful to pretty good this offseason.

Kolb may be better than 5 and even if he isn't he sure is more of a accurate passer at this point, which gives them more of a traditional west coast offense look instead of just going deep every 5th pass play. Their defense is improved with Nate Allen actually giving them a FS and Ernie Sims giving them an actual LB worth talking about. Oh yeah and Brandon Graham may end up giving the Eagles one of those few ever valuable pass rushing tandems. I mean shoot we lost too Philly last year too, mainly cuz of Alex and well we still have Alex...

Share 49ersWebzone