There are 259 users in the forums

*** OFFICIAL MEASURE J VOTING RESULTS (WITH LINK) REACTION THREAD ***

Shop Find 49ers gear online
my reaction ----->
Originally posted by awol36:
Originally posted by PTulini:

will these be the final renderings? i would like do get more details about the final design of the stadium. i remember reading about how there gonna put the 49ers head quarters within the stadium etc...

from the looks of it, the HQ will be RIGHT NEXT to the stadium (the complex with those small football practice fields in the top pic).
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:

will these be the final renderings? i would like do get more details about the final design of the stadium. i remember reading about how there gonna put the 49ers head quarters within the stadium etc...

from the looks of it, the HQ will be RIGHT NEXT to the stadium (the complex with those small football practice fields in the top pic).

If only this stadium could've been next to the Bay since the design is so plain on its own. Oh well, I'll take this over no new stadium at all.
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
my reaction ----->

SILKY JOHNSON!!!
Originally posted by Psinex:

If only this stadium could've been next to the Bay since the design is so plain on its own. Oh well, I'll take this over no new stadium at all.

come on now. this is gonna be a FOOTBALL stadium. the bay is fine and all, but unlike AT&T Park, the main sport being played isn't something you'd want to avert your attention from every once and a while to enjoy the scenic view.

baseball might have that pastoral, laid-back atmosphere, whereas football demands almost constant attention to the action of the field. plus, the networks will show shots of the bay (and hopefully San Francisco still) anyways during commercial segues...
ok, now comes the difficult part:

How much are they going to charge me for a PSL?
Originally posted by Psinex:

come on now. this is gonna be a FOOTBALL stadium. the bay is fine and all, but unlike AT&T Park, the main sport being played isn't something you'd want to avert your attention from every once and a while to enjoy the scenic view.

baseball might have that pastoral, laid-back atmosphere, whereas football demands almost constant attention to the action of the field. plus, the networks will show shots of the bay (and hopefully San Francisco still) anyways during commercial segues...

football has just as much down time as baseball dude. at home its take up by commercial breaks, but at the game you just wait.

the reason baseball stadiums are more aesthetically pleasing, is because the field dimensions can be whatever they want. in football, everything must be uniform all around the NFL, so a stadium can only look so unique. there arent "scenic" views in football stadiums because they have to seat so many people, they cant afford to leave a part of the stadium open for a view.

the whole point of this new stadium isnt to build a death star like Dallas did, its to get a brand new stadium to play in that will pick up our revenue and make facilities more convenient and comfortable for the fans.
  • Lifer
  • Veteran
Congratulations to the 49ers, the city of Santa Clara, the Yorks, and all the people who worked hard to make this happen. This is a major milestone on the road back to the NFL elite. Of all the things that have been accomplished this off-season, this is by far the biggest.
Originally posted by Lifer:
Congratulations to the 49ers, the city of Santa Clara, the Yorks, and all the people who worked hard to make this happen. This is a major milestone on the road back to the NFL elite. Of all the things that have been accomplished this off-season, this is by far the biggest.

Well said, image opening the season on a Thursday night or the opening Monday night game in 2014 with our brand new stadium. We should be super bowl contenders year in and year our by then.
Good job Santa Clara...the new stadium site is a heck of a lot closer to my Pleasanton pad than Hunters Point.

Originally posted by djfullshred:
Good job Santa Clara...the new stadium site is a heck of a lot closer to my Pleasanton pad than Hunters Point.

237 FTW!
Share 49ersWebzone