LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

Navarro Bowman

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Teams are keying on Willis, which is okay if it frees Bowman up.
Mad props to Bowman, stepping up thus far in these 3 games. He is making plays or around the ball.

Hopefully a lethal combo with P-Dub at linebacker for years to come
His pass rushing skills are insane. I never wouldve guessed he'd be so good blitzing
Originally posted by SoTx9R:
Mad props to Bowman, stepping up thus far in these 3 games. He is making plays or around the ball.

Hopefully a lethal combo with P-Dub at linebacker for years to come

This. Is fun watching them play
NaVarro Bowman on Gil Brandt's "Top 10 rising players" in NFL.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d822a49e2/article/breakout-stars-once-unknowns-these-10-guys-are-on-the-rise?campaign=Twitter_features

NaVorro Bowman, 49ers, LB: In his first season as a starter, he plays on all three downs. He's been very productive this season, leading the 49ers in tackles. His 6-foot frame and that he came out a year early dropped him to the third round out of Penn State, but he brings second-round value.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Teams are keying on Willis, which is okay if it frees Bowman up.

I spent most of last night rewatching last weeks game. The drop off in Willis' stats bothered me, so I only focused on him to see what's going on. Nothing ground breaking, but here is what I saw:

1. In the Vic scheme they have Willis staying home alot. They dont really have him playing in attack mode, unless its a very clear run to his side. For the most part, he is just roaming the line of scrimmage making sure noboby gets through.
2. He's in coverage a lot more than in previous years. His duty seems to be cover any RB, TE or WR coming out of the backfield within 10yards of the line of scrimmage. Bowman is assigned the task of stopping the run or rushing the passer.
3. Teams are running away from Willis (As if that was possible... ).

P.S. The only difference between the number 3 LB and number 30 LB in tackles is 8. Not a big deal.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Sep 28, 2011 at 2:44 PM ]
Originally posted by strickac:
His pass rushing skills are insane. I never wouldve guessed he'd be so good blitzing

How many sacks does he have?
Maybe Willis and Bowman's position is interchangeable. Who would you rather attack, an all Pro Patrick Willis or first year starter Navarro Bowman. So far, Bowman is saying he is Patrick Willis.
I think it's safe to say they compliment each other well. They also make each other better by having the others back. To say that Bowman is "better" makes no sense all. Like Oakland-Niner said, 8 takles between the 3rd best LB and 30th best LB is not a big deal at all.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 52thegreat:
I think it's safe to say they compliment each other well. They also make each other better by having the others back. To say that Bowman is "better" makes no sense all. Like Oakland-Niner said, 8 takles between the 3rd best LB and 30th best LB is not a big deal at all.

You still haven't changed your name. Do it before we trade Willis and I take 53thegreat.

Originally posted by Amir:
Originally posted by 52thegreat:

You still haven't changed your name. Do it before we trade Willis and I take 53thegreat.

You beat my timer by 5 sec.
that spin move was soooo sick
I was wrong. I thought this was a bad pick. I couldnt understand why Bowman, and having at ILB. Now I know.

Guy is a beast, he and willis should be a nice tandem for the next few yrs.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I was wrong. I thought this was a bad pick. I couldnt understand why Bowman, and having at ILB. Now I know.

Guy is a beast, he and willis should be a nice tandem for the next few yrs.

Welcome back!
just picked him up for my fantasy
Share 49ersWebzone