LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

Navarro Bowman

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by GORO:
I think that Navarro Bowman should be moved back to OLB and not be a back up to Spikes. He may be our Clay Matthews. All he did at Penn State was make plays.

Technically, if one of our OLB's blitz, which should be more often than not, then Bowman would act as OLB.
What about picking up KC Matthews in the draft. Proven family stock!
I would rather him play at OLB than TED. Bowman struggled mightily at TED, but excelled at MIKE when he could run around and make plays.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I would rather him play at OLB than TED. Bowman struggled mightily at TED, but excelled at MIKE when he could run around and make plays.
I think its time to let Spikes walk and play Bowman. Im not denying TKO played outstanding, but we can be more explosive with Bowman in there.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Grigga2021:
I think its time to let Spikes walk and play Bowman. Im not denying TKO played outstanding, but we can be more explosive with Bowman in there.

I'd rather him sit, the dude didnt look as comfortable as I'd like him to be. I would slowly work him in this year with TKO staying as the starter.
Willis and TKO are a very, very good tandem in the middle, so I would like to see them use Bowman as a situational edge rusher to see if he has that talent. Why not? If he proves to be good, a problem solved. If not, they can move him to the middle as a back up. The past six to eight years has seen a lack of creativity that is almost mind boggling. Perhaps those members of the zone who attend training camp can tell us whether new ideas are tested and eliminated before the season, but I have not seen any indication of that.
this *modded* missed a bunch of tackles when the brainiacs would put him in on 3rd downs. Rookie pass.
[ Edited by SybErkRimInAL on Apr 7, 2011 at 11:43 AM ]
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
this phaggot missed a bunch of tackles when the brainiacs would put him in on 3rd downs. Rookie pass.

Pass coverage was a mess as well.

-9fA
shows promise, but glad we still have 2 legit MLB's ahead of him.

• Otter
  • Veteran
shows promise, but glad we still have 2 legit MLB's ahead of him.

Wasn't Vance Singletary the linebackers coach?

Nuff said.
this phaggot missed a bunch of tackles when the brainiacs would put him in on 3rd downs. Rookie pass.

Say, I know this is a footballer's site and we're all manly men here, but just because SybEr misspelled f****t, he gets a free ride on the use of such a derogatory term? I'm pretty sure he didn't mean "cigarette butt". I'd venture to say we even have gay members of the 'Zone and they don't appreciate that term any more than our black members do the "N" word. Just saying. (And no, I'm not gay, though i PLAYED ONE ON TELEVISION)
To bad we can't do a Star Wars and clone Patrick and put him at both OLB spots, he had quite a few sacks from the middle, can you imagine him on the edge? Haha-now that would be fun as you see him close in on the blind side of the QB-WHOMP THERE IT WAS!
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
Originally posted by strickac:
He's already better than a lot of starting MLBs in the league. I think he'll grow nicely into a replacement for Takeo. I wouldn't be surprised if the coaching staff didn't bring back Spikes, just to get Bowman on the field.

I think he can be better than parys. Let parys be a defensive end, and switch back to the 4-3...

what did we run when we had ken norton, lee woodall, and gary plummer? was it a 4-3? i was too young to remember defensive schemes

They ran a Hybrid with the position called the elephant, although Haley and the like would be more often in the down position.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
this *modded* missed a bunch of tackles when the brainiacs would put him in on 3rd downs. Rookie pass.

Say, I know this is a footballer's site and we're all manly men here, but just because SybEr misspelled f****t, he gets a free ride on the use of such a derogatory term? I'm pretty sure he didn't mean "cigarette butt". I'd venture to say we even have gay members of the 'Zone and they don't appreciate that term any more than our black members do the "N" word. Just saying. (And no, I'm not gay, though i PLAYED ONE ON TELEVISION)

I got a 25% warning. U happy now?

Share 49ersWebzone