LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

Eriely Quite about Franklin

Shop Find 49ers gear online
By the way:

I can't believe I forgot to post this, but yesterday while I was on the phone buying my season tickets through a 49er ticket sales rep, he said they just got out of meeting where he was told that the Niners are now in talks with Franklins agent and it should be resolved shortly. When I pressed him on it he wouldn't say much more. I dont remember his exact words, but the impression I got is that they were going to extend him.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
By the way:

I can't believe I forgot to post this, but yesterday while I was on the phone buying my season tickets through a 49er ticket sales rep, he said they just got out of meeting where he was told that the Niners are now in talks with Franklins agent and it should be resolved shortly. When I pressed him on it he wouldn't say much more. I dont remember his exact words, but the impression I got is that they were going to extend him.

I wonder how much he wants. If they end up extending Willis (i know they already did), Franklin, and Vernon before training camp I'd say our front office is amazing.
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
I'd comment, but I have no idea what you mean by "Eriely Quite".

LOL!
By the way:

The sales rep? Tell me you're kidding...
Originally posted by NickSh49:
By the way:

The sales rep? Tell me you're kidding...

Its not like I called and said hey i'll buy these tickets when AF signs. I was already buying the tickets. We where talking about football in general for about 5 minutes. I made a comment in passing like, "hopefully AF will get his but into camp." Then he said what he said. The point is he had no reason to make it up. Take it for what its worth. I wouldn't stake my life on it thats for sure.
Originally posted by teeohh:
By the way:

I wonder how much he wants. If they end up extending Willis (i know they already did), Franklin, and Vernon before training camp I'd say our front office is amazing.

im really excited about the direction we r headed on all levels.
Bump...
Originally posted by teeohh:
By the way:

Vernon will get extended probably in the first week of camp. Franklin... will probably have to wait till end of preseason or sometime during the year for an extension. I have to think they let Goldson walk after this year if Reggie Smith shows he can fill in. Wishful thinking is that Smith shows he can play this year, Mays and Taylor continue to learn and develop, and next year we showcase Smith & Mays in the backfield with Taylor as the 3rd safety. Goldson gets overpaid by another team and Lewis retires or takes a mentor role on the team.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
I believe people are mistaken that Training Camp is mandatory for Franklin. If he wants, he can sign the contract just before the start of the regular season. It is not uncommon for vets to "hold out" and then sign late into TC just so they can avoid training camp. They don't need a full TC to prepare for the season, and it would reduce the wear on their bodies. Especially when TC features drills like the "nutcracker".

So don't be worried if TC starts and Franklin hasn't signed. He most certainly will, but he may not feel the need to sign those first couple of weeks.

As for the spelling nazis, I have to agree with them this time. At least get the spelling right on your title.
Share 49ersWebzone