LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

Should the 49ers sign Owens?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Niners99:
so we should sign an old WR who spit in our face leaving the organization, and isnt even good anymore?

how about no...

Spit in the face of the organization? Do you remember what happened? Our entire roster was almost entirely dismantled! We lost all of our major talent after that season.

'03 and '04... We were just a nobody... Bad times in this franchise's history...
so he can poison the team again. Treat people like dirt, call his qb gay, whine about everything under the sun, it would take about one day before VD or Sing b!tch slapped him into the middle of next week.
Originally posted by smashmouth51:
so he can poison the team again. Treat people like dirt, call his qb gay, whine about everything under the sun, it would take about one day before VD or Sing b!tch slapped him into the middle of next week.

Exactly. Mike would set Owen's ass straight. Owen's never had a coach like him before.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Originally posted by Niners99:
so we should sign an old WR who spit in our face leaving the organization, and isnt even good anymore?

how about no...

Spit in the face of the organization? Do you remember what happened? Our entire roster was almost entirely dismantled! We lost all of our major talent after that season.

As I recall, he wanted to be traded.

-9fA
Originally posted by defenderDX:

Exactly. Mike would set Owen's ass straight. Owen's never had a coach like him before.

true dat... mooch and erickson's drunk ass weren't exactly disciplinarians
the last 4 years yes but now we have enough at wr to be a great team
Originally posted by elguapo:

I still think TO's better than anyone not named Crabtree
Screw T.O. I dont want a player that caused tons of problems in our locker room because he is a drama queen. Why take someone back who is has no concept of being a team player?
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by elguapo:

I still think TO's better than anyone not named Crabtree

I agree with both. TO would bring some veterancy to the WR position, but as people said earlier we are pretty much maxed out in WR depth. I still think Josh Morgan's a decent receiver. Crabtree in my opinion is the next playmaker since Owens. And if Ginn could actually catch we'd have someone to stretch the field, along with Davis in the TE position. In the spread, 4 WR set, well.. I'd just throw VD in there lol...
[ Edited by defenderDX on Jun 5, 2010 at 1:34 AM ]

Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Screw T.O. I dont want a player that caused tons of problems in our locker room because he is a drama queen. Why take someone back who is has no concept of being a team player?

I understand your point. And it's definitely a valid one in which I agree with. But don't forget about Mike Singletary.

All in all, I never said I WANTED this to happen. I was just curious on some of the opinions on the subject.
yes, they should
If Josh Morgan didn't exist, we probably would have signed him by now.

The 49ers REALLY like Josh Morgan. They believe he's our #2... hell they thought he was going to be our #1 in 2008.

The front office loves Josh. T.O. won't come back to SF unless Josh gets hurt... and even then it's a stretch.

lol at the thought of him calling alex smith gay.
Oh my word I know it's the off-season, but can we please stop with the stupid questions? Gosh...
Share 49ersWebzone