LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 285 users in the forums

Chillin with Vernon Davis

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I work in production and a company I freelance for in DC was hired by another group which got Vernon Davis to be their celebrity in a commercial. So basically I got to spend the day with Vernon while he did this commercial.

First off - dude is the man. Very down to earth and willing to talk to his fans for however long it takes. When it comes to football he is cocky as hell but it a productive way. He doesnt feel entitled but he's proud of the work he puts in on and off the field.

Secondly - he wants a new contract badly and I was surprised he was very open with me about his negociations. He told me he loves San Fran and wants to stay because he knows something big is happening there. However another one of my co-workers is a skins fan and asked him if he'd play for his hometown team and he said of course.
His argument was that the two highest paid Tight Ends in the league - Dallas Clark and Kellen Winslow - got their big contracts before they'd ever made a pro-bowl. He has made a probowl and tied the touchdown record so he believe he deserves to get paid big time.

Thirdly - he LOVES Alex Smith. I asked him whether Alex was ready to go and without a doubt he said yes. He expects Alex to have a huge year. Says his attitude is different and he is completely comfortable with the offense. Also said David Carr was not the guy.

Fourth - he said he's been getting Teddy Ginn on the Jug's machine and think the offense is gonna do work this year all around.

All in all hes the man and we need to lock him up which im sure we will. He's so polite and humble saying please and thank you to everyone, plus he's really very funny. He was making fun of Ahmad Brooks for his weight problems. He's great in front of a camera and makes everyone smile. There were little kids everywhere asking him for a picture and autograph and he was loving every minute of it and talking with them for a while. He is LOVED in the DC metro area so he was practically worshiped.
If you guys have any questions fire em at me and I'll try to answer because theyre more stuff i didnt write here that he said.

Ill post pics when im home im at work.

Meanwhile because people think im lying heres a link to my FB.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=24208641
[ Edited by Sjceruti on Jun 4, 2010 at 12:37 PM ]
pics= fail
Originally posted by spizzy:
pics= fail

if pics=fail then that means that the story is a lie
Nice story. your pics didn't come up though. I live in Dc and I know both of his brothers but never met him before. I used to see them all the time during the DC Caribbean Carnival my aunt lived near them off Georgia Ave. He does a lot of good things in Dc especially re building all these schools fields and getting them upgraded equipment.
Hmm how to do post facebook pics on the thread? It wont let me.
And im not lying haha
you know the story line on the WZ... until then it just didn't happen
Originally posted by valrod33:

Thanks man I got a bunch more howd you do that?
Originally posted by Sjceruti:

Thanks man I got a bunch more howd you do that?

if you use firefox, you just right click on the picture then select copy image location. Then post it in here like you would for any other picture

Another thing he said which was pretty funny was in college his pick up line was:

"why catch VD when you can catch V-Davis"
Man you dont have to jump through hoops to prove you met VD .. people need to relax why would someone make that up? Props man for telling your story glad to hear he was a cool dude .. I dont think the 49ers would let him leave he will get his contract and I hope he is right about Alex Smith ....
Originally posted by redrathman:

Stop with the stupid images. Regurgitated internet crap is unoriginal and nowhere near funny or relevant.

It would be a big letdown if we don't resign Vernon Davis. He's probably my favorite 49er and he leaves a undoubted impact on our team, that couldn't be matched by anyone, and we'd see a definite void.

Frank Gore is slowly edging towards the downside and isn't someone we can depend on for much longer -- especially if we don't find a good supplement back.
Share 49ersWebzone