There are 174 users in the forums

0-5 Start to the new Season

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
@SEA---OL has to be somewhat coherent after TC and 4 preseason games. We need 'em to win game 1 . They come thru and we upset SEA W

SAINTS---need to play N.O. close. They have best coach in the league, we have inexperienced one. If we keep our composure, play them even, and lose, we make a statement in losing. We actually win, even in a loss, if we look like we belong in game. If we get rammycackled, that is a bad omen for rest of season. We can gain a lot of momentum for season by looking like we belong in game. L

Chiefs---if we lose to Chiefs, it's gonna be a long, long yr W

@ ATL ---don't feel good about this one, again with better HC and QB, and GM. Would have felt better if we played them at home. Again, keep it close, and we don't lose momentum. L

Eagles---we're home. They are missing McNabb and westbrook, who carried them last several yrs. Problem is their HC is a lot better than ours. More experience, knows the O. Still, i think our OL is starting to gel and alex is giving us hints of some great things to come. We eke out a W, barely

Raids---you gotta be kidding me. We lose this one, we are in for new HC, QB, Rb, Center, and well, you know, a rebuild. We win big W

@Panthers---this is a sneak up on you game with a very good coach vs MS. Their qB is also established and in top 6-8 in league. Again, important to keep our poise, even in L.

Rams---here? not much to say W

TB---it's here, they are bad, W

@CArds---we don't beat them at home, as leinart is starting to look like a QB, not a guy lost out in the desert. L

@Packers---ouch, two games in a row where we lose because of homefield advantage. Their QB farther along than ours. Only game changer can be if we just run their D off the field with a vastly improved OL ...still L.

SEA---here? we beat them again. I think we would have split if we played them at home here instead of game 1. We're a better team. W

@ Chargers---great GM, great owner, mediocre coach who screwed us. WE got a lot of incentive to rub nervous norvous's nose in it. Even without LT, who was getting tired last yr, they have better qB, great OL. We could suprise IF OL plays out of their skull. L

@RAms---Suh has monster day, plays valiantly, is definite ROY based on this game. It'll be closer than anyone thinks, but we W

Cards---lost there, W here.

That's 9-7, and i posted 10-6...which means we have to steal one more. It could be the Cards in the desert, or we could surprise ATL there, or again surprise panthers in carolina. Any of the three would be a surprise, but all are doable, but i would jump for joy with just one more win to get us to 10-6. A very bad omen would be to open up 0-5. It ain't gonna happen.

Uhh, what about the Bronco's game?
  • carl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by amigoj49:
Originally posted by carl:
Here is our full 2010 season schedule:

Sun 9/12 @Seahawks
Mon 9/20 Saints
Sun 9/26 @Chiefs
Sun 10/03 @Falcons
Sun 10/10 Eagles
Sun 10/17 Raiders
Sun 10/24 @Panthers
Sun 10/31 Broncos
BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals
Sun 12/5 @Packers
Sun 12/12 Seahawks
Thur 12/16 @Chargers
Sun 12/26 @Rams
Sun 1/2 Cardinals

Here are my thoughts and reasons:

Season opener @Seattle is no picnic - LOSS
Defending Champions, Saints, very difficult - LOSS
Arrowhead is one of the toughest places to play - LOSS
Falcons, they could kill us - LOSS
Eagles, a strong team - LOSS

I am just trying to look at our season from the worst possible scenario. Above losses are definite possiblities. BUT, let's look at the rest of the season:

Raiders, come on! - WIN
@Panthers, a running team - WIN
Broncos, can you say Tebow? - WIN
Rams, junk - WIN
Bucanneers, we are just better - WIN
@Cardinals, we OWN them - WIN
@Packers, tough one - LOSS
Seahawks, Pete who? - WIN
@Chargers, let's just stay being a pessimist - LOSS
@Rams, they are still the rams - WIN
Cardinals, for the division - WIN

Obviously, I don't want to see us start out 0-5. But, even if we were to start out 0-5, we can end up at 9-7. AND if we can win 2 out of those first 5 games and unfortunately lose an unexpected one somewhere, we would still end up at 10-6. And most likely WIN our division.

Before the start of last year, I thought we were going to make the playoffs.... I would have bet my little pinky on that... And would have sadly lost it.

But as you can see, I think we got this now! I am so dang excited for our season. My wish for the playoffs is going to finally happen fo sho! Go Niners!

You're not a fan. You're just trying to get lots of replies.

dude, why da heck would I care how many replies I get? Can't you see that I don't even post much? I was looking through the schedule and just realized that our early season seems pretty difficult. Go post something dude, so that I can reply and make you happy!

Oh please, your logic is so flawed I'm shocked you don't see it.

Seahawks - Um, new HC and they haven't produced a winning season in years. They are destined to a 5-11 season.
Saints - Saying we lose this is the statistically obvious choice.
Chiefs - They took last place in the AFC West... BELOW the Raiders.
Falcons - They were just shy of the playoffs last year and I see them improving their talent. Okay, I can understand why someone would pencil a loss here, sure.
Eagles - McNabb replaced by noob QB. Westbrook, no longer on the team. This isn't the NFC Champion Eagles from 5'ish years ago. This is a team that has a lot of question marks. As well as a team the 49ers will have 4 regular season games worth of film to study on a young QB.

Being optimistic, I can see the 49ers coming out of this 4-1 with a loss to New Orleans. Maybe even 5-0 with an upset victory over the Saints.

Being negative, I can't possibly see the 49ers losing all 5 games. I don't see how they could lose 4 of them, or even 3 for that matter.

0-5? That's absurd reasoning. And thank you for not posting much.

Sun 9/12 @Seahawks
Mon 9/20 Saints
Sun 9/26 @Chiefs
Sun 10/03 @Falcons
Sun 10/10 Eagles
Sun 10/17 Raiders
Sun 10/24 @Panthers
Sun 10/31 Broncos
BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals
Sun 12/5 @Packers
Sun 12/12 Seahawks
Thur 12/16 @Chargers
Sun 12/26 @Rams
Sun 1/2 Cardinals

I am just trying to look at our season from the worst possible scenario. Above losses are definite possiblities. BUT, let's look at the rest of the season:

Raiders, come on! - WIN
Rams, junk - WIN

Obviously, I don't want to see us start out 0-5. But, even if we were to start out 0-5, we can end up at 9-7. AND if we can win 2 out of those first 5 games and unfortunately lose an unexpected one somewhere, we would still end up at 10-6. And most likely WIN our division.

Before the start of last year, I thought we were going to make the playoffs.... I would have bet my little pinky on that... And would have sadly lost it.

But as you can see, I think we got this now! I am so dang excited for our season. My wish for the playoffs is going to finally happen fo sho! Go Niners!

You're not a fan. You're just trying to get lots of replies.

dude, why da heck would I care how many replies I get? Can't you see that I don't even post much? I was looking through the schedule and just realized that our early season seems pretty difficult. Go post something dude, so that I can reply and make you happy!

Oh please, your logic is so flawed I'm shocked you don't see it.

Seahawks - Um, new HC and they haven't produced a winning season in years. They are destined to a 5-11 season.
Saints - Saying we lose this is the statistically obvious choice.
Chiefs - They took last place in the AFC West... BELOW the Raiders.
Falcons - They were just shy of the playoffs last year and I see them improving their talent. Okay, I can understand why someone would pencil a loss here, sure.
Eagles - McNabb replaced by noob QB. Westbrook, no longer on the team. This isn't the NFC Champion Eagles from 5'ish years ago. This is a team that has a lot of question marks. As well as a team the 49ers will have 4 regular season games worth of film to study on a young QB.

Being optimistic, I can see the 49ers coming out of this 4-1 with a loss to New Orleans. Maybe even 5-0 with an upset victory over the Saints.

Being negative, I can't possibly see the 49ers losing all 5 games. I don't see how they could lose 4 of them, or even 3 for that matter.

0-5? That's absurd reasoning. And thank you for not posting much.

Do you not know how to read english? I specifically stated that this is the WORST SCENARIO for the first 5 games! I even stated that we'll most likely beat Seattle and the Chiefs.

BUT if you look at last year, were we not supposed to beat the seahawks and make the playoffs? Did we do it? Get YOUR logic straight! And plesae do not reply any more if all you want to do is talk big over others to compensate for your small-ness.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Despite the original poster not giving any reason as to why Seattle would possibly beat us during the first game, I'd like to point out AGAIN why Seattle will be fighting St. Louis for the cellar.

OL

Seattle's line will be WORSE this season. Why? A rookie LT. Anyone who thinks a rookie is going to come into the NFL and dominate at LT is just wrong. You can call me wannabe GM or whatever, but only the rarest of rare talents have done this AND the rest of the OL was already stable. This NOT the case in Seattle. Solari left a huge work in progress. Alex Gibbs is an OL guru, but it's going to take them time. It's not like his scheme is unstoppable: Houston Texans anyone? Manusky will be prepared.

Pass-rush

This alone will be the reason why Seattle will not win more than 6 games tops. They actually LOST key players (Kerney retires) during the off-season. So the defense we played will be worse. Even if this team manages to get into shootouts, it won't survive very long because any opposing team with a basic passing offense will have big games against Seattle. Their only hope in keeping the score low? Running the ball - but as we all know this only works IF you're able to stop opposing teams from passing, particularly the big play.

Other notables:

-Running back by committee
-Unproven WR corps after Housh
-Paging a TE, Paging a TE
-And you thought the Niners were thin at CB

Seattle vs Niners 2010

Where's the broom?
  • DJD
  • Veteran
0-5? Well how about 5-0!!?? To me, if I had to pick just one... The more likely scenario is the latter. No way in hell this team lose all 5
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'm calling it right now, we will beat the Saints at home!!!! Our running game will pound that defense, and our defense will hold Brees to under 250 yards passing.

Hopefully!
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I'm calling it right now, we will beat the Saints at home!!!! Our running game will pound that defense, and our defense will hold Brees to under 250 yards passing.

Hopefully!

Holding brees will be tough with a lacking pass rush. He is deadly with time. I do have this game being a shootout.
Originally posted by DJD:
0-5? Well how about 5-0!!?? To me, if I had to pick just one... The more likely scenario is the latter. No way in hell this team lose all 5

Unlikely, but I would like to think so! I would hate to see 0-5, cuz that would likely mean we would be cleaning house in the offseason (Smith, Sing, Raye, and everyone else)...

Sun 9/12 @Seahawks
Mon 9/20 Saints
Sun 9/26 @Chiefs
Sun 10/03 @Falcons
Sun 10/10 Eagles
Sun 10/17 Raiders
Sun 10/24 @Panthers
Sun 10/31 Broncos
BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals
Sun 12/5 @Packers
Sun 12/12 Seahawks
Thur 12/16 @Chargers
Sun 12/26 @Rams
Sun 1/2 Cardinals

Raiders, come on! - WIN
Rams, junk - WIN

Dude get stuffed like a Thanksgiving Turkey.

I mean this in a good way of course.

If we're 0-5 to start the season someone should get fired.

Seattle? We gonna be lookin for some payback and they have MILES to go and have a whole new staff as well as significant losses in Kearney and Jones.

The Saints are a home game. It's anyone's ball game but I don't see Reggie Bush torching this D for a lot of Yards. Not happnin.

Igglets? At our house? I don't see that being an easy day in any way shape or form. But Kolb is still young QB, we can do to him what their DC did to us last year. And we're at home. Does anyone have a snow cone machine that we can pass around the stands and wrap batteries to huck at their fans? Mess wit ours we return and put horse heads in your beds.

Actually all 5 games are winnable imho.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Jun 5, 2010 at 11:42 PM ]
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
@Panthers---this is a sneak up on you game with a very good coach vs MS. Their qB is also established and in top 6-8 in league. Again, important to keep our poise, even in L.

I hope you meant RB.

I see SF getting Ws at Seattle and against the Chiefs. I also think SF will lose against NO and ATL. The Eagles game is a bit of a toss up.

If SF somehow SF drops all 5 games heads should roll. Dropping games to the Chiefs/Seahawks with this much talent on the team is unacceptable.
The worst possible scenario is we go 0-16
Screw 0-5 and say hello to 5-0. In fact we go 16-0.
This dude sounds crazy 0-5 start no way in hell
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
The worst possible scenario is we go 0-16

Or 0-0 and 16 ties.
Share 49ersWebzone