Sun 12/26 @Rams
Sun 1/2 Cardinals

Here are my thoughts and reasons:

Season opener @Seattle is no picnic - LOSS
Defending Champions, Saints, very difficult - LOSS
Arrowhead is one of the toughest places to play - LOSS
Falcons, they could kill us - LOSS
Eagles, a strong team - LOSS

I am just trying to look at our season from the worst possible scenario. Above losses are definite possiblities. BUT, let's look at the rest of the season:

Raiders, come on! - WIN
@Panthers, a running team - WIN
Broncos, can you say Tebow? - WIN
Rams, junk - WIN
Bucanneers, we are just better - WIN
@Cardinals, we OWN them - WIN
@Packers, tough one - LOSS
Seahawks, Pete who? - WIN
@Chargers, let's just stay being a pessimist - LOSS
@Rams, they are still the rams - WIN
Cardinals, for the division - WIN

Obviously, I don't want to see us start out 0-5. But, even if we were to start out 0-5, we can end up at 9-7. AND if we can win 2 out of those first 5 games and unfortunately lose an unexpected one somewhere, we would still end up at 10-6. And most likely WIN our division.

Before the start of last year, I thought we were going to make the playoffs.... I would have bet my little pinky on that... And would have sadly lost it.

But as you can see, I think we got this now! I am so dang excited for our season. My wish for the playoffs is going to finally happen fo sho! Go Niners!
Don't listen to the rampant homers here in the zone. Your projection isn't unreasonable, so anyone calling this a "fail" w/o a real explanation is a moron. The big question marks in the first 5 games are the hawks, chiefs and eagles.

Seattle is a very hard place to play. Most Niner fans assume we'll win b/c "we're a better team", but those fans forget that we were a better team last year too and we still lost. This one is really a toss up. It'll be close either way. A loss is far from unreasonable.

The chiefs in arrowhead will be tough, but I don't see any way we lose that game. Their offense has real trouble running the ball (it's not their RB, it's their OL) and protecting the QB. Unless the crowd forces the niner offense to fall apart, I think this is an easy win.

The Eagles? As a team, they are better than us. Kolb is really their quesiton mark. If he plays well, they beat us easily. If he plays poorly we probably pull out a win. Then again, our defense has been almost incapable of stopping a good receiving TE and our defense got shredded by Jackson last year. This game could go either way, but I think we lose.

So, overall, your projection isn't unreasonable. Personally, I think 1-4 or 2-3 are more likely.

In the past few years, I believe McNabb was beating us not the Eagles. As a team, it never seemed like they ever dominated/took control of the game. But McNabb, however, did.

Nobody here has mentioned that the Chiefs might be tough because they now have McNabb at QB playing WCO under Shanahan.
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
Originally posted by DownSouth:
Originally posted by amigoj49:
Here is our full 2010 season schedule:

Sun 9/12 @Seahawks
Mon 9/20 Saints
Sun 9/26 @Chiefs
Sun 10/03 @Falcons
Sun 10/10 Eagles
Sun 10/17 Raiders
Sun 10/24 @Panthers
Sun 10/31 Broncos
BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals
Sun 12/5 @Packers
Sun 12/12 Seahawks
Thur 12/16 @Chargers
Sun 12/26 @Rams
Sun 1/2 Cardinals

I am just trying to look at our season from the worst possible scenario. Above losses are definite possiblities. BUT, let's look at the rest of the season:

Raiders, come on! - WIN
Rams, junk - WIN

Obviously, I don't want to see us start out 0-5. But, even if we were to start out 0-5, we can end up at 9-7. AND if we can win 2 out of those first 5 games and unfortunately lose an unexpected one somewhere, we would still end up at 10-6. And most likely WIN our division.

Before the start of last year, I thought we were going to make the playoffs.... I would have bet my little pinky on that... And would have sadly lost it.

But as you can see, I think we got this now! I am so dang excited for our season. My wish for the playoffs is going to finally happen fo sho! Go Niners!
Don't listen to the rampant homers here in the zone. Your projection isn't unreasonable, so anyone calling this a "fail" w/o a real explanation is a moron. The big question marks in the first 5 games are the hawks, chiefs and eagles.

Seattle is a very hard place to play. Most Niner fans assume we'll win b/c "we're a better team", but those fans forget that we were a better team last year too and we still lost. This one is really a toss up. It'll be close either way. A loss is far from unreasonable.

The chiefs in arrowhead will be tough, but I don't see any way we lose that game. Their offense has real trouble running the ball (it's not their RB, it's their OL) and protecting the QB. Unless the crowd forces the niner offense to fall apart, I think this is an easy win.

The Eagles? As a team, they are better than us. Kolb is really their quesiton mark. If he plays well, they beat us easily. If he plays poorly we probably pull out a win. Then again, our defense has been almost incapable of stopping a good receiving TE and our defense got shredded by Jackson last year. This game could go either way, but I think we lose.

So, overall, your projection isn't unreasonable. Personally, I think 1-4 or 2-3 are more likely.

In the past few years, I believe McNabb was beating us not the Eagles. As a team, it never seemed like they ever dominated/took control of the game. But McNabb, however, did.

Nobody here has mentioned that the Chiefs might be tough because they now have McNabb at QB playing WCO under Shanahan.

lol, wrong Indians.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
Originally posted by DownSouth:

Sun 9/12 @Seahawks
Mon 9/20 Saints
Sun 9/26 @Chiefs
Sun 10/03 @Falcons
Sun 10/10 Eagles
Sun 10/17 Raiders
Sun 10/24 @Panthers
Sun 10/31 Broncos
BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals
Sun 12/5 @Packers
Sun 12/12 Seahawks
Thur 12/16 @Chargers
Sun 12/26 @Rams
Sun 1/2 Cardinals

Raiders, come on! - WIN
Rams, junk - WIN

lol, wrong Indians.

Haha, that's why nobody mentioned it.
Stupid is as stupid does.
[ Edited by WheresWaldo on Jun 4, 2010 at 4:35 PM ]
Hey Chicken Little! Nice post! Time to ask your doctor for a higher dose of your anti depressant.
If you are going to look at it from the worst possible scenario, wouldn't they lose every game.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
NICE TRY BUT

I think we go 2-3 at the worst. The Chiefs will lose to anyone, anywhere as both their home and road record has proven. I can't see Seattle beating us in week one with both teams having a mostly healthy roster.
[ Edited by LAFortyNinerfan on Jun 4, 2010 at 7:30 PM ]
  • carl
  • Veteran

Sun 9/12 @Seahawks
Mon 9/20 Saints
Sun 9/26 @Chiefs
Sun 10/03 @Falcons
Sun 10/10 Eagles
Sun 10/17 Raiders
Sun 10/24 @Panthers
Sun 10/31 Broncos
BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals
Sun 12/5 @Packers
Sun 12/12 Seahawks
Thur 12/16 @Chargers
Sun 12/26 @Rams
Sun 1/2 Cardinals

Raiders, come on! - WIN
Rams, junk - WIN

You're not a fan. You're just trying to get lots of replies.

Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
I think we go 2-3 at the worst. The Chiefs will lose to anyone, anywhere as both their home and road record has proven. I can't see Seattle beating us in week one with both teams having a mostly healthy roster.

yeah i see us setting the tone for the season week 1 @ Seattle. Our defense will be on full display i think.
Originally posted by carl:

Sun 9/12 @Seahawks
Mon 9/20 Saints
Sun 9/26 @Chiefs
Sun 10/03 @Falcons
Sun 10/10 Eagles
Sun 10/17 Raiders
Sun 10/24 @Panthers
Sun 10/31 Broncos
BYE
Sun 11/14 Rams
Sun 11/21 Buccaneers
Mon 11/29 @Cardinals
Sun 12/5 @Packers
Sun 12/12 Seahawks
Thur 12/16 @Chargers
Sun 12/26 @Rams
Sun 1/2 Cardinals

Raiders, come on! - WIN
Rams, junk - WIN

You're not a fan. You're just trying to get lots of replies.

dude, why da heck would I care how many replies I get? Can't you see that I don't even post much? I was looking through the schedule and just realized that our early season seems pretty difficult. Go post something dude, so that I can reply and make you happy!
This is how I see. I put who i think will win plus the chance that we will win. So I see us going between 9-7 to 10-6. But who know's hoping for 16-0.

W Sun 9/12 @Seahawks = 49ers win 70%
L Mon 9/20 Saints = Saints Win 35%
W Sun 9/26 @Chiefs = 49ers win 80%
L Sun 10/03 @Falcons = Falcons win 48%
W Sun 10/10 Eagles = 49ers win 60%
W Sun 10/17 Raiders = 49ers win 75%
T Sun 10/24 @Panthers = 50/50 shot
L Sun 10/31 Broncos = Broncos 40%
BYE
W Sun 11/14 Rams = 49ers win 85%
W Sun 11/21 Buccaneers = 49ers win 70%
W Mon 11/29 @Cardinals = 49ers win 70%
L Sun 12/5 @Packers = Packers win 40%
L Sun 12/12 Seahawks = Seahawks win 47%
L Thur 12/16 @Chargers = Chargers win 44%
W Sun 12/26 @Rams = 49ers win 70%
W Sun 1/2 Cardinals = 49ers win 65%
@SEA---OL has to be somewhat coherent after TC and 4 preseason games. We need 'em to win game 1 . They come thru and we upset SEA W

SAINTS---need to play N.O. close. They have best coach in the league, we have inexperienced one. If we keep our composure, play them even, and lose, we make a statement in losing. We actually win, even in a loss, if we look like we belong in game. If we get rammycackled, that is a bad omen for rest of season. We can gain a lot of momentum for season by looking like we belong in game. L

Chiefs---if we lose to Chiefs, it's gonna be a long, long yr W

@ ATL ---don't feel good about this one, again with better HC and QB, and GM. Would have felt better if we played them at home. Again, keep it close, and we don't lose momentum. L

Eagles---we're home. They are missing McNabb and westbrook, who carried them last several yrs. Problem is their HC is a lot better than ours. More experience, knows the O. Still, i think our OL is starting to gel and alex is giving us hints of some great things to come. We eke out a W, barely

Raids---you gotta be kidding me. We lose this one, we are in for new HC, QB, Rb, Center, and well, you know, a rebuild. We win big W

@Panthers---this is a sneak up on you game with a very good coach vs MS. Their qB is also established and in top 6-8 in league. Again, important to keep our poise, even in L.

Rams---here? not much to say W

TB---it's here, they are bad, W

@CArds---we don't beat them at home, as leinart is starting to look like a QB, not a guy lost out in the desert. L

@Packers---ouch, two games in a row where we lose because of homefield advantage. Their QB farther along than ours. Only game changer can be if we just run their D off the field with a vastly improved OL ...still L.

SEA---here? we beat them again. I think we would have split if we played them at home here instead of game 1. We're a better team. W

@ Chargers---great GM, great owner, mediocre coach who screwed us. WE got a lot of incentive to rub nervous norvous's nose in it. Even without LT, who was getting tired last yr, they have better qB, great OL. We could suprise IF OL plays out of their skull. L

@RAms---Suh has monster day, plays valiantly, is definite ROY based on this game. It'll be closer than anyone thinks, but we W

Cards---lost there, W here.

That's 9-7, and i posted 10-6...which means we have to steal one more. It could be the Cards in the desert, or we could surprise ATL there, or again surprise panthers in carolina. Any of the three would be a surprise, but all are doable, but i would jump for joy with just one more win to get us to 10-6. A very bad omen would be to open up 0-5. It ain't gonna happen.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
If we come in 0-2 vs the Chiefs and lose we can count the Niners in as one of the worst teams in the league.

I'll be at that game.
Share 49ersWebzone