There are 244 users in the forums

if you had a crystal ball, & knew our next super bowl is in 10 years...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • DangerRyan
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by Gore_21:
Originally posted by DangerRyan:
Originally posted by BurritoSmuggler:

do you actually watch all the games? im suprised you ask a question like that. its like saying, "im only going to watch once we get to the playoffs." thats not a fan.

Yeah thats called being a Cardinals fan....

Back to Back NFC Champions WHEW!!!!! Die Hard Fan for 2 and half years!!!!

LOL, give me a break. Those guys couldn't even sell out a playoff game when they haven't been good in decades. Yet there fans can't stop talking about how much better they are than the 49ers. Got 5 and try 17 division championships!!!

Yep...I went through the mid to late 90's with the Hawks and the teams really weren't that good but I was there in front of the tv each week watching!
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Originally posted by IowaNiner16:
Originally posted by fly15:
Then 9 years from now I would look like this...

Is this David Carr with hair??

Ryan Leafs 2010 prison pic after being cited for 8 felony drug accounts.

You're right, but it could also be jerry "mummy" jones...
Yes.

do you actually watch all the games? im suprised you ask a question like that. its like saying, "im only going to watch once we get to the playoffs." thats not a fan.

and a seahwks fan....all of a sudden a new stadium, few division championships, an ass beating in the superbowl later their fans act like they had a dynasty.
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:

and a seahwks fan....all of a sudden a new stadium, few division championships, an ass beating in the superbowl later their fans act like they had a dynasty.

Actually, Seattle went to the playoffs in five straight seasons after having gone to the playoffs just five times in nearly three decades. Dynasty? No, but a very good run.
Originally posted by redrathman:

Actually, Seattle went to the playoffs in five straight seasons after having gone to the playoffs just five times in nearly three decades. Dynasty? No, but a very good run.

exactly i was in seattle last year at the game and there were fans pointing at their division championship banners
Originally posted by D_Niner:
Yes; but, I would use the crystal ball to make millions in those 9 years to cope with the losses...

Win.
  • DangerRyan
  • Info N/A

That was the best run in team history...doesnt compare to what the 49ers did in their hay-day but its just plain ignornant to assume that all these "new" fans came out when the new stadium opened. The Kingdome was one of the loudest places to play and always had rowdy fans...the new stadium just put and exclamation point on that..

Arizona on the other hand....probably more then 50% of the people at the games in their new stadium didn't even know they had a football team 5 years ago...
You watch for the drama of the competition, not for wins.

That was the best run in team history...doesnt compare to what the 49ers did in their hay-day but its just plain ignornant to assume that all these "new" fans came out when the new stadium opened. The Kingdome was one of the loudest places to play and always had rowdy fans...the new stadium just put and exclamation point on that..

Arizona on the other hand....probably more then 50% of the people at the games in their new stadium didn't even know they had a football team 5 years ago...

i think it goes with any team though..once they get a new place all of a sudden fans start crawling out from the woodwork

I've been watching and rooting for them since 1954 (WAY BEFORE MOST OF YOU WERE EVEN BORN), so why stop now?
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Would you still watch all of the 49er games for the next 9 years?

I know, the season can't get here quick enough...

do hairy balls count?
Originally posted by danimal:
yes.

In April of 2005 I predicted the Niners would never even make it to the playoffs again for the rest of the decade. I based this prediction on how they decided to use their top pick.

I still watched and rooted.

Frankly, I have mostly enjoyed watching them play during this drought. For me, enjoyment goes hand in hand with expectations.

I am also a Laker fan. And in a couple of weeks, I COULD be far more dissapointed with them than I have been with the Niners in over a decade...if that makes any sense

For the record. I fully expect the Niners will never win a Championship in my Life....based on who owns the team.

Presumably you are about 80?
Originally posted by redrathman:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Would you still watch all of the 49er games for the next 9 years?

I know, the season can't get here quick enough...

Then 9 years from now I would look like this...

Is this David Carr with hair??

Ryan Leafs 2010 prison pic after being cited for 8 felony drug accounts.

You're right, but it could also be jerry "mummy" jones...

Nick Nolte FTW!
Share 49ersWebzone