There are 275 users in the forums

2010 Badditude Poll

Shop Find 49ers gear online

2010 Badditude Poll

What positions are going to step up, get angry, and take no crap in 2010?
Offensive LineOutside LinebackersDefensive Backs
the LB will be good as usual, but we wont have double digit sack guys. we spread out the pass rush too much to have 1 or 2 guys get tons. we were top 5 in the NFL last year in sacks, and nobody had more than 6 sacks.

the OL was awful last year. horrible. arguably the worst in the NFL. adding 2 rookies who have potential will not help all that much this season. what WILL help is Solari bringing a new strategy to the table, and staying healthy. i still dont see the OL going from "worst to first" in essence. itll be a process.

and the DB's were pretty bad last year also. the pass rush helped to keep them from getting exposed, but we have possibly the worst group of cover S in the NFL. Clements is almost done, and Brown is still young. its mainly Shawntae Spencer, who is a very good veteran CB, and not much else. imo we shouldve prioritized DB more in the draft. Mays was more of a luxury pick for a team who already had a good defensive backfield and can afford the high risk/reward.
I got mad faith in the nastiness of the O-line...
I know the hazing that goes on here at the zone and though this is my first post Ive been readinf and on here for years, literally.
Originally posted by VaRaven69:
I got mad faith in the nastiness of the O-line...
I know the hazing that goes on here at the zone and though this is my first post Ive been readinf and on here for years, literally.

I love what has gone on with the line in the last few months. The addition of Solari and Brown is going to make a big difference. Everything I read about Solari gets me excited. I think Iuputi and Davis are going to blossom under his tutelage. I keep thinking about what Marrucci said on draft day: a year from now the Niners could have the best O line in football. I would settle for one of the best. Good things ahead. Keep up the "mad faith." What is the point of being a fan otherwise?
[ Edited by BHulman on Jun 1, 2010 at 11:45 AM ]
So I take it no ones got faith in Clements bouncing back, Spencer stepping up his game, or Goldson becoming a star?
Originally posted by IowaNiner16:
So I take it no ones got faith in Clements bouncing back, Spencer stepping up his game, or Goldson becoming a star?

It's not that, I play o-line semi-pro ball myself and the new line coach we got last thursday has given us a boost. I could only imagine what it does for world class athletes with 2 future mauling starters.
[ Edited by VaRaven69 on Jun 1, 2010 at 1:07 PM ]
Why is Haralson up there? He's not bad.
andy lee has this one in the bag. hahaha yea right.
i think the line will be legit but i expect our DBs to light people up. nasty nate, spencer, goldson, m. lewis, mays and a few other guys like to lay people out and if theyre all healthy we should have a killer DB field
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

i'm struggling with my sarcasm meter here...if it's not sarcasm then yeah haralson is bad..see 4th and goal in the titans game, see mcnabb outrun him

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:

i'm struggling with my sarcasm meter here...if it's not sarcasm then yeah haralson is bad..see 4th and goal in the titans game, see mcnabb outrun him

That was awful....That play lost us the titans game

"I didnt touch him!!"
[ Edited by darkknight49 on Jun 3, 2010 at 6:44 PM ]
Originally posted by darkknight49:

"I didnt touch him!!"

nasty nate at his best...man he really puts the lickin on folks sometimes
Share 49ersWebzone