LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 409 users in the forums

Who want's the York's to sell?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by B650:
I can't imagine the people of L.A. cheering for the 49ers. That's like selling your soul. That's like a Dodger fan rooting for the Giants, or a Giants fan rooting for the Padres, but then again, it's L.A. we're talking about.

LA will cheer for anybody that wins and won't cheer for those that lose. Ever wonder why USC Football is more popular than UCLA?...
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by zillabeast:

It'll take some getting used to. But why not?

Because they're still making plenty of money up here. You don't move money makers. You move teams that don't sell out.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Because they're still making plenty of money up here. You don't move money makers. You move teams that don't sell out.

They aren't making much progress on that "stadium" now for a decade. Lots of nice pictures. Have you seen an actual stadium yet?
  • B650
  • Veteran
L.A. doesn't deserve a football team, let alone the 49ers. They've had several chances.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

They aren't making much progress on that "stadium" now for a decade. Lots of nice pictures. Have you seen an actual stadium yet?

Nope. And the 49ers are going to start losing money when Harbaugh goes to Stanford and we get stuck with Mularkey or Mornhinweg. The stadium will never happen and they'll be forced to LA.
I am okay with the Yorks fo now. There are worst owners than the Yorks. Snyder and Ross and Jerry Jones o name a few. People make like they are the worst, but really look at some of the other teams. Lots of money and alway intefering with decisions and causing unstable work enviroment for players and coaches.
Not only that but com'on these things come in cycles. Look at Debartolo.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WildBill:
I am okay with the Yorks fo now. There are worst owners than the Yorks. Snyder and Ross and Jerry Jones o name a few. People make like they are the worst, but really look at some of the other teams. Lots of money and alway intefering with decisions and causing unstable work enviroment for players and coaches.

Put in Al Davis and take out Jerry Jones...at least the guy actually tries. He spends the cash.

Nope. And the 49ers are going to start losing money when Harbaugh goes to Stanford and we get stuck with Mularkey or Mornhinweg. The stadium will never happen and they'll be forced to LA.

Both of you guys are sidestepping the fact that the Niners are making plenty of money selling out candlestick. And FYI, if the Niners didn't stop selling out after 2-14 and what they've done since, they aren't going to start now.

But, yeah. I know. Logic has no place in guys like yours arguments. It doesn't fit your agendas.

[ Edited by StOnEy333 on Jan 7, 2011 at 00:41:22 ]

Your argument is full of illogical assumptions. Where is this proof that the 49ers will start to lose money? Or that Mularkey or Mornhinweg would be the next HC?

grass is always greener guys.....

LOL at Jerry Jones being bad... He won 3 Super Bowls. Not 1, not 2, but 3. And his team plays in a $1.5 Billion dollar stadium that is the envy of every NFL franchise. I would love to have Jerry Jones. Better than the Yorks 7 days a week...

LOL at Jerry Jones being bad... He won 3 Super Bowls. Not 1, not 2, but 3. And his team plays in a $1.5 Billion dollar stadium that is the envy of every NFL franchise. I would love to have Jerry Jones. Better than the Yorks 7 days a week...

We have won more playoff games than the cowboys since they won their last Super Bowl.

Except for maybe the Lions stadium. That's a pretty nice field for a crappy team...

Though I still do prefer the Cowboys' stadium.
Originally posted by backontop:

Your argument is full of illogical assumptions. Where is this proof that the 49ers will start to lose money? Or that Mularkey or Mornhinweg would be the next HC?

it worked it worked!! He went away!!

Both of you guys are sidestepping the fact that the Niners are making plenty of money selling out candlestick. And FYI, if the Niners didn't stop selling out after 2-14 and what they've done since, they aren't going to start now.

But, yeah. I know. Logic has no place in guys like yours arguments. It doesn't fit your agendas.

Patience doesn't last forever, dude. Eventually, the fans will stop going to the games, which will justify a move south.
Share 49ersWebzone