There are 63 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who want's the York's to sell?

Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by danimal:
Originally posted by Overkill:
I'm gonna laugh if the York's are forced to sell and the new owner relocates the team to LA. Serves you right.

and what are you going to do if they don't sell and you continue to have a playoff win per decade teams for the rest of your life? Laugh?

You are each choosing worst-case scenarios.

As long as the Yorks have been under control, all we've dealt with is worst-case scenarios.

The reason a move to LA seems inevitable is because this team is the NFL's manifestation of Murphy's Law (okay, one of many).

You can't see the improvements? Either you aren't looking or you are blinded with hate for the Yorks. Looking at this year's team and coaches and calling them a worst case scenario is just BS
I'm gonna laugh if the York's are forced to sell and the new owner relocates the team to LA. Serves you right.

and what are you going to do if they don't sell and you continue to have a playoff win per decade teams for the rest of your life? Laugh?

As long as the Yorks have been under control, all we've dealt with is worst-case scenarios.

The reason a move to LA seems inevitable is because this team is the NFL's manifestation of Murphy's Law (okay, one of many).

You can't see the improvements? Either you aren't looking or you are blinded with hate for the Yorks. Looking at this year's team and coaches and calling them a worst case scenario is just BS

Sure the on-field product is a bit better, but how long did it take us to get to 8-8? And excuse me if I feel a little unsure of putting the future of a $900 million stadium in their "capable" hands.

Sure the on-field product is a bit better, but how long did it take us to get to 8-8? And excuse me if I feel a little unsure of putting the future of a $900 million stadium in their "capable" hands.

I wasn't aware that this choice rested with you.

cmon English, that is pretty lame. Please point me to the Webzone topic that we do control?

So what, since we can't control who the owner is, we can't debate whether we would desire current ownership to sell?
I just wish they would invest in their front office and scouting the same way they have campaigned to get Measure J passed.

cmon English, that is pretty lame. Please point me to the Webzone topic that we do control?

So what, since we can't control who the owner is, we can't debate whether we would desire current ownership to sell?

I wasn't stopping the debate. Just pointing out a fact.

You can't herd young Jed in the same boat as his dad, his dad is a twit. Jed seems more in the mold of his uncle.

Young Jed just got the reigns, what his father did should not figure on him. That is like placing the sins of the father on a young man, unfair and uncalled for.

all these yuppy fair weather fans dont realize this......i hope and pray that the yorks sell to a group that wants to keep the team in SF
Originally posted by YorkHater:

all these yuppy fair weather fans dont realize this......i hope and pray that the yorks sell to a group that wants to keep the team in SF

Get over it, Gavin doesn't want them, at least not if he has to pay for it, he only wants a freebie. The team ain't being sold. They are going to play in SC, the only big threat is Great America and getting the financing together.

You guys including myself don't know what is going on in meetings and how Jed is proceeding with the meetings. Have anyone been to the meetings and have proof that Jed is acting incompetently?

Talk about fair weather fan - some of you probably were b***hing at Eddie D when he first bought the team and the team was losing. You cannot lump Jed with his father who I admit is an imbecile. Since Jed has taken over the 49ers have progressed steadily. In fact this is only his third year after officially taking over for his dad. Geez, some people can't see the forrest for the trees.
Now more than ever
I told you all for years and years we can't win with them. NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER!.... Not going to happen baby. A new owner is the only thing that will restore the former glory.

Protest strategy:
Protest, in person at Santa Clara
Protest on all available media outlets, KNBR, CSN, Twitter, Facebook, campaign until it hurts
Protest billboards across the City
Don't buy Season Tickets
Don't buy single game tickets
Don't buy any Merchandise
Don't turn up at Training Camp
Don't turn up at games
Go and watch the San Francisco Giants/San Jose Sharks/Golden State Warriors/Cal/Stanford daily instead

Of course, if the Yorks land Harbaugh, these are but mute point, but no harm in getting it out there. Vote, With, Your Feet! You can make a difference!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I told you all for years and years we can't win with them. NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER!.... Not going to happen baby. A new owner is the only thing that will restore the former glory.

well, knowing that SD likes to tell everyone "I told you so!" just makes everything better.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

well, knowing that SD likes to tell everyone "I told you so!" just makes everything better.

He's consistently right.
  • B650
  • Veteran

How about we all chip in $50,000 and buy the team, like the Packers?