There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who want's the York's to sell?

Originally posted by longasian:
The Yorks have not done a positive thing since taking this franchise over and, yet, there is still a percentage of fans that are unwilling to hold these guys to any type of standard.

Jed seems to get a free pass because he drops his uncles name at every opportunity.

It will be just awesome having the Yorks pay the note on a 1 billion dollar stadium. That's not going to affect anything at all, right?

Be careful what you wish for because the Yorks have proven themselves to be terrible owners. A new stadium, financed primarily out of their own pocket, isn't going to be this dream scenario that you all hope it will be.

Completely 100%, absolutely, NOT TRUE on any level. Since your holding standards, you might want to check your own here. This is a complete lie.
[ Edited by NinerGM on Jun 1, 2010 at 9:52 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerGM:
The Yorks have not done a positive thing since taking this franchise over and, yet, there is still a percentage of fans that are unwilling to hold these guys to any type of standard.

Jed seems to get a free pass because he drops his uncles name at every opportunity.

It will be just awesome having the Yorks pay the note on a 1 billion dollar stadium. That's not going to affect anything at all, right?

Be careful what you wish for because the Yorks have proven themselves to be terrible owners. A new stadium, financed primarily out of their own pocket, isn't going to be this dream scenario that you all hope it will be.

Completely 100%, absolutely, NOT TRUE on any level. Since your holding standards, you might want to check your own here. This is a complete lie.

No it's not.
[ Edited by longasian on Jun 1, 2010 at 10:42 AM ]
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
As much as I don't like the Yorks, I feel that they still have some kind of connection to the Bay Area that would make it hard for them to move the team outside of the area.

If we change owners, they'd have to be natives or looking to keep the team in the Bay (especially in SF).

I just say the ppl of Santa Clara need to step up and let the team build their stadium. First, they'll get great use of their multiple transit systems. Second, tons of money into the educational system comes from sports. Finally, they can show up the San Francisco Board of "Stupid"visors who have taken for granted a team that has helped make this city great.

I would rather have them in Santa Clara than in LA, period. If we fail to show support, ppl think they'll be able to strong-arm the niners to stay in SF and put more money down, but when u put a beaten dog in the corner, they'll try to find the best way to escape, and that may be to LA.

To all the "purists", yes, SF is the 49 sq mile city, established in 1849, and we ARE the 49ers!!! But I want our team to stay the San Francisco 49ers and Santa Clara is 45 min away and hey, we could score a Superbowl up in the bay for the first time[;)]

It's really a shame that there has never been a Superbowl in the bay area.

I see what you're sayin, but that's not exactly true.

Is Stanford considered the bay area? I didn't know if it was for sure but I thought it wasn't.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
I'm cool with the Yorks since they put Jed in charge. He actually gives a crap about the success of this team, and not just the profit. There isn't much I've disagreed with since he took over. There's something to be said about the team in the hands of the kid that was raised on Eddie D's knee.

Originally posted by NinerGM:

No it's not.

I'm not going to argue this point because this statement is so absolute it can't possibly be true.
The best owners are Sports Men. You know, those rich people who use their wealth to primarily live a competition based lifestyle that matches their personality.....actual profit from these endeavors are secondary....though also are very likely because of the direct relationship between winning and profit.

Eddie D was a Sports Man......so much so as even to a fault, his same spirit which won 5 Titles in 14 years was also his ultimate demise when he got caught up in the Gambling River Boats world.

John York is not a Sports Man.
Jed York is not a Sports Man.
Originally posted by danimal:
The best owners are Sports Men. You know, those rich people who use their wealth to primarily live a competition based lifestyle that matches their personality.....actual profit from these endeavors are secondary....though also are very likely because of the direct relationship between winning and profit.

Eddie D was a Sports Man......so much so as even to a fault, his same spirit which won 5 Titles in 14 years was also his ultimate demise when he got caught up in the Gambling River Boats world.

John York is not a Sports Man.
Jed York is not a Sports Man.

Hell yes I want them to sell, preferably back to Eddie D.
I did when John was in charge.

But I like how Jed seems to be growing into the front office leader we've been missing, how the roster is shaping up, and the latest coaching additions (Solari and Brown). I also like how Jed is a true 49er fan who grew up watching and rooting for this team.

Jed wants to see his favorite team back where they belong, at the top of the NFL food chain, eating lesser teams for lunch and stealing the lunch money from uppity teams like the Colts and the Patriots.

Go Niners!
Originally posted by carlgo:
Young and co said they could get a private stadium deal.

While our young face of ownership does care... gosh, he put his fist through the shoddy wall in the locker room..oooh....and he is smart and well-spoken, he is still a kid that got a team for his birthday. I waited for years to get a freaking toy truck.

Forget Ellison as he is buying the Warriors. But, maybe if that deal falls through...

The Yorks would take the team to LA if they knew they would make more money and that the league would allow it.

They would sell the team if they could make more money doing that than owning it.

This is just an opinion, but I don't think the yorks move the team to LA, jed referenced the Browns, so I don't think he wants hating him, instead they will sell the team and let someone else be the villian if they can't get a deal in the bay area done.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by carlgo:
Young and co said they could get a private stadium deal.

While our young face of ownership does care... gosh, he put his fist through the shoddy wall in the locker room..oooh....and he is smart and well-spoken, he is still a kid that got a team for his birthday. I waited for years to get a freaking toy truck.

Forget Ellison as he is buying the Warriors. But, maybe if that deal falls through...

The Yorks would take the team to LA if they knew they would make more money and that the league would allow it.

They would sell the team if they could make more money doing that than owning it.

Your last two paragraphs are opinion presented as fact, unless you can provide supporting links.

The beauty of forums such as this is that they are not scientific papers, nor term papers with the need to footnote and have any sort of verification for unimportant observations.

My goodness, if we had to verify what we say about Sing, Raye, the Yorks, Smith, Don Nelson... there would be no forums.

Besides, there was nothing in Wikipedia that proved me wrong, so I must be right...
Originally posted by Snider8706:
I'm cool with the Yorks since they put Jed in charge. He actually gives a crap about the success of this team, and not just the profit. There isn't much I've disagreed with since he took over. There's something to be said about the team in the hands of the kid that was raised on Eddie D's knee.

+1 Id like to see where Jed takes the team.

Agreed
Originally posted by MSteitz468:
Originally posted by Snider8706:

+1 Id like to see where Jed takes the team.

Agreed

I have no problem with that. I think a lot of things have been done as of late to better this team. Will there be stumbles, sure, but things are looking much better now than the last few years. Some people will never be happy so just let them be.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
As much as I don't like the Yorks, I feel that they still have some kind of connection to the Bay Area that would make it hard for them to move the team outside of the area.

If we change owners, they'd have to be natives or looking to keep the team in the Bay (especially in SF).

I just say the ppl of Santa Clara need to step up and let the team build their stadium. First, they'll get great use of their multiple transit systems. Second, tons of money into the educational system comes from sports. Finally, they can show up the San Francisco Board of "Stupid"visors who have taken for granted a team that has helped make this city great.

I would rather have them in Santa Clara than in LA, period. If we fail to show support, ppl think they'll be able to strong-arm the niners to stay in SF and put more money down, but when u put a beaten dog in the corner, they'll try to find the best way to escape, and that may be to LA.

To all the "purists", yes, SF is the 49 sq mile city, established in 1849, and we ARE the 49ers!!! But I want our team to stay the San Francisco 49ers and Santa Clara is 45 min away and hey, we could score a Superbowl up in the bay for the first time[;)]

It's really a shame that there has never been a Superbowl in the bay area.

I see what you're sayin, but that's not exactly true.

Is Stanford considered the bay area? I didn't know if it was for sure but I thought it wasn't.

You bet it is.
im still hoping for a stadium in san fran....but ill take sc i guess
I would prefer that the team stay in the family. Eddie D. may no longer be in the picture, but I honestly believe Jeds attatchment to this team since childhood matters. I think Jed WANTS to keep the Niners in the bay. I think Jed WANTS to have similar success to his uncle. That's is the #1 reason I think Jed has given Singletary the shot he has. He is hoping to strike gold with a realatively unkown the way his uncle did with Walsh. I am not convinced Singletary is anything more than a decent HC tho. Time will tell.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home