LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 215 users in the forums

Who want's the York's to sell?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Jed seems to be doing alright but if a guy like ellison with unlimited money ever bought the team you know damn well he would buy them the stadium in SF and make sure theyre competitive every year. i think he would be a jerry jones type owner. love him or hate him like i do, the man loves his team

Seriously, sometimes you just need tons of money to raise revenue and pull in this league (yet alone any sport).

The last ghetto/cheap team to even make it to a Superbowl was the Atlanta Falcons (dirty birds) in the late 90's.
If Santa Clara doesnt work out its back to SF to get a stadium going or sharing with oakland. If that doesnt work out then the Yorks will sell the team or this franchise will move to sh*thole LA and become a completely different team. The Niners name will stay in the bay area, No way in hell they become the LA Niners.
[ Edited by 49ersMan420 on May 31, 2010 at 3:11 PM ]
Originally posted by 49ersMan420:
If Santa Clara doesnt work out its back to SF to get a stadium going or sharing with oakland. If that doesnt work out then the Yorks will sell the team or this franchise will move to sh*thole LA and become a completely different team. The Niners name will stay in the bay area, No way in hell they become the LA Niners.

How do you know all this will happen?

-9fA
Tim Kawakami maybe ?
Originally posted by Giant9er:
Tim Kawakami maybe ?

this thread is exactly why he wrote that garbage, to stir up s**t.
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
As much as I don't like the Yorks, I feel that they still have some kind of connection to the Bay Area that would make it hard for them to move the team outside of the area.

If we change owners, they'd have to be natives or looking to keep the team in the Bay (especially in SF).

I just say the ppl of Santa Clara need to step up and let the team build their stadium. First, they'll get great use of their multiple transit systems. Second, tons of money into the educational system comes from sports. Finally, they can show up the San Francisco Board of "Stupid"visors who have taken for granted a team that has helped make this city great.

I would rather have them in Santa Clara than in LA, period. If we fail to show support, ppl think they'll be able to strong-arm the niners to stay in SF and put more money down, but when u put a beaten dog in the corner, they'll try to find the best way to escape, and that may be to LA.

To all the "purists", yes, SF is the 49 sq mile city, established in 1849, and we ARE the 49ers!!! But I want our team to stay the San Francisco 49ers and Santa Clara is 45 min away and hey, we could score a Superbowl up in the bay for the first time[;)]

It's really a shame that there has never been a Superbowl in the bay area.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
As much as I don't like the Yorks, I feel that they still have some kind of connection to the Bay Area that would make it hard for them to move the team outside of the area.

If we change owners, they'd have to be natives or looking to keep the team in the Bay (especially in SF).

I just say the ppl of Santa Clara need to step up and let the team build their stadium. First, they'll get great use of their multiple transit systems. Second, tons of money into the educational system comes from sports. Finally, they can show up the San Francisco Board of "Stupid"visors who have taken for granted a team that has helped make this city great.

I would rather have them in Santa Clara than in LA, period. If we fail to show support, ppl think they'll be able to strong-arm the niners to stay in SF and put more money down, but when u put a beaten dog in the corner, they'll try to find the best way to escape, and that may be to LA.

To all the "purists", yes, SF is the 49 sq mile city, established in 1849, and we ARE the 49ers!!! But I want our team to stay the San Francisco 49ers and Santa Clara is 45 min away and hey, we could score a Superbowl up in the bay for the first time[;)]

I see what you're sayin, but that's not exactly true.
If it were to be guaranteed that a no vote would mean the Yorks would sell, I would pay to start a campaign for no vote. Heck, I would fill the ballots with no votes on election day. But it's no guarantee unfortunately. We're stuck with these morons for the long run unless someone makes them an offer they can't refuse.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

Seem's I remember a great day in my life when I attended a SuperBowl in the Bay Area...let me think who was the winner? It wasn't Miami....I'll think of it in a minute.
[ Edited by imoDvoris on May 31, 2010 at 5:58 PM ]
No, I don't want the Yorks to sell, and there's no prospect of it happening on the horizon (meaning I don't think it's even worth talking about either).

It's CLASSIC uninformed fan logic to want to make a replacement without knowing what that replacement will be. The quick fix is always right around the corner and such. I don't buy that logic at all.

Originally posted by NinerGM:
Be careful what you wish for. You might just get it - good AND bad. Ask the Cleveland fans if they wished for a new owner before Art Modell. Stranger things have happened and don't think for a moment that the 49ers are incapable of being sold to an owner who doesn't feel any connection to the Bay Area and has no problems moving the team to some place where he/she thinks will make more money.

English is right.
Originally posted by dmatt:
Larry Ellison Please
i second that motion
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Jed seems to be doing alright but if a guy like ellison with unlimited money ever bought the team you know damn well he would buy them the stadium in SF and make sure theyre competitive every year. i think he would be a jerry jones type owner. love him or hate him like i do, the man loves his team

QFT but the Yorks have come a long way from when they wouldn't spend a dime and would have the water and Gatorade locked up in the weight room.

I think they finally realize being that cheap wasn't working. They started forking out the money and we started winning.

Edit: For those of you pushing for Larry Ellison how do you know he won't move us to LA where there is more money to be made? The guy is a billionaire and could probably build a stadium much bigger in LA than SF and fill it. Some of you mentioned a Jerry Jones type owner which isn't necessarily a good thing. Yes the Cowboys are competitive every year for the most part but some times Jones has too much power. He is too much of a media whore as well.
[ Edited by Gore_21 on May 31, 2010 at 7:46 PM ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dmatt:
Larry Ellison Please

hell yes. We'd already have a new stadium deal privately funded by ellison if he was our owner.
Share 49ersWebzone