There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who want's the York's to sell?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by WildBill:
I am okay with the Yorks fo now. There are worst owners than the Yorks. Snyder and Ross and Jerry Jones o name a few. People make like they are the worst, but really look at some of the other teams. Lots of money and alway intefering with decisions and causing unstable work enviroment for players and coaches.
Not only that but com'on these things come in cycles. Look at Debartolo.

LOL at Jerry Jones being bad... He won 3 Super Bowls. Not 1, not 2, but 3. And his team plays in a $1.5 Billion dollar stadium that is the envy of every NFL franchise. I would love to have Jerry Jones. Better than the Yorks 7 days a week...

Except for maybe the Lions stadium. That's a pretty nice field for a crappy team...

Though I still do prefer the Cowboys' stadium.
Originally posted by backontop:
Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by zillabeast:

It'll take some getting used to. But why not?

Because they're still making plenty of money up here. You don't move money makers. You move teams that don't sell out.

They aren't making much progress on that "stadium" now for a decade. Lots of nice pictures. Have you seen an actual stadium yet?

Nope. And the 49ers are going to start losing money when Harbaugh goes to Stanford and we get stuck with Mularkey or Mornhinweg. The stadium will never happen and they'll be forced to LA.

Your argument is full of illogical assumptions. Where is this proof that the 49ers will start to lose money? Or that Mularkey or Mornhinweg would be the next HC?

it worked it worked!! He went away!!

Because they're still making plenty of money up here. You don't move money makers. You move teams that don't sell out.

They aren't making much progress on that "stadium" now for a decade. Lots of nice pictures. Have you seen an actual stadium yet?

Nope. And the 49ers are going to start losing money when Harbaugh goes to Stanford and we get stuck with Mularkey or Mornhinweg. The stadium will never happen and they'll be forced to LA.

Both of you guys are sidestepping the fact that the Niners are making plenty of money selling out candlestick. And FYI, if the Niners didn't stop selling out after 2-14 and what they've done since, they aren't going to start now.

But, yeah. I know. Logic has no place in guys like yours arguments. It doesn't fit your agendas.

Patience doesn't last forever, dude. Eventually, the fans will stop going to the games, which will justify a move south.

Both of you guys are sidestepping the fact that the Niners are making plenty of money selling out candlestick. And FYI, if the Niners didn't stop selling out after 2-14 and what they've done since, they aren't going to start now.

But, yeah. I know. Logic has no place in guys like yours arguments. It doesn't fit your agendas.

Patience doesn't last forever, dude. Eventually, the fans will stop going to the games, which will justify a move south.

Yeah, I know you try to spin everything into justifying the Niners to move to LA, but unfortunately for you, there are other franchises with way more financial problems than the Niners. Do you even know what's going on in Jacksonville?
  • vaden
  • Veteran
The question should be, who here doesn't want the Yorks to sell? They dismantled the NFL's greatest franchise and turned us into a laughingstock. They pissed on Walsh's legacy to remodel our offense after the Baltimore Ravens', hiring two former Ravens coaches who were epic failures, though in their defense, still better than their first hire, Dennis Erickson. I see some defending them by saying there are worse owners. Maybe true, but that this is an acceptable standard or defense shows just how far the Yorks have lowered the expectations of this franchise.

Yeah, I know you try to spin everything into justifying the Niners to move to LA, but unfortunately for you, there are other franchises with way more financial problems than the Niners. Do you even know what's going on in Jacksonville?

I think he just does it to piss off you northerners.
Better owners with deeper pockets would have a deeper, stronger front office that wouldn't be scaring off guys like Harbaugh and could offer more money to coaches as well.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

Yeah, I understand the trollers and their trolling. I just like to see how they try to spin it when logic is presented to them. Most often they attempt to spin it in another direction while attempting to incite.

I'm actually a northerner. I'm just detailing what I think will be the eventual scenario. It's a harsh truth, but one I've come to embrace.

And other teams will get out of their financial issues because they have competent owners who can hire real coaches and win games.
Originally posted by WildBill:
I am okay with the Yorks fo now. There are worst owners than the Yorks. Snyder and Ross and Jerry Jones o name a few. People make like they are the worst, but really look at some of the other teams. Lots of money and alway intefering with decisions and causing unstable work enviroment for players and coaches.
Not only that but com'on these things come in cycles. Look at Debartolo.

LOL at Jerry Jones being bad... He won 3 Super Bowls. Not 1, not 2, but 3. And his team plays in a $1.5 Billion dollar stadium that is the envy of every NFL franchise. I would love to have Jerry Jones. Better than the Yorks 7 days a week...

We have won more playoff games than the cowboys since they won their last Super Bowl.

What are you smoking? Shows how much you know. It wasn't cause of Jerry, it was all because of Jimmy Johnson, even though switzer won 1, it was because of Jimmy. Jimmy made the moves. After that the cowpokes slowly went downhill. They were one of the favorites to win it all. Jerry spends but since everyone here wants an owner that stays out of the way his type ain't wanted. If he wasn't so eqotistical Jimmy would have stayed and the pokes would have won more superbowls-thank god he pissed Jimmy off

I'm actually a northerner. I'm just detailing what I think will be the eventual scenario. It's a harsh truth, but one I've come to embrace.

And other teams will get out of their financial issues because they have competent owners who can hire real coaches and win games.

So then obviously you aren't familiar with what's going on in Jacksonville. Winning has nothing to so with their problems.

Nice try in spinning it into something that has nothing to do with anything, though.

So then obviously you aren't familiar with what's going on in Jacksonville. Winning has nothing to so with their problems.

Nice try in spinning it into something that has nothing to do with anything, though.

Hey, man. Teams that win games sell tickets. Selling tickets generate revenue. If you go long enough without winning games, you eventually start losing money because fans stop investing.

Hey, man. Teams that win games sell tickets. Selling tickets generate revenue. If you go long enough without winning games, you eventually start losing money because fans stop investing.

Just admit that you have no idea what the situation is in Jacksonville. Look it up on the internet, or something. But don't sit here and try to pull one of your spin moves on something that you have no idea what you're talking about. Ok, man?

Your argument is undermined by the poor results this decade. A whole decade. In LA a couple of bad games would have those fair weather fans giving up.