LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 327 users in the forums

The Heitmann poll

Shop Find 49ers gear online

The Heitmann poll

What do the words mean.

You've seen the argument in the Baas=Heitmann=Snyder=Wragge thread.

I think the words mean what they say: He's so unassuming means he's modest, mild, passive, not aggressive.

Maddog says that's an impossible interpretation, and only a moron would interpret the words that way.

What say you?
[ Edited by oldninerdude on May 30, 2010 at 5:05 PM ]
The "unassuming" comment meant he isn't a vocal player. It had nothing to do with the caliber of his play.
[ Edited by NickSh49 on May 30, 2010 at 4:54 PM ]

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=113340&page=32&highlight=heitman
Originally posted by redrathman:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=113340&page=32&highlight=heitman

For the context of this poll, here is the original starting point of this debate..I should say lack of debate:

MB Chat Today:

12:42 [Comment From Six-Ace-DeuceSix-Ace-Deuce: ]
Is there any chance David Baas could challenge Eric Heitmann for his job as the starting Center? Given Baas' record at Michigan and recognition he received as a Center there.

Friday May 28, 2010 12:42 Six-Ace-Deuce
12:43 MattB_49: Heitmann is one of the most underrated centers in the league. He's so unassuming. My joke is that if he starts a locker-room fistfight and the news gets picked up by ESPN and Pro Football Talk, he'll go to his first Pro Bowl. if the 49ers reach the playoffs, in fact, I definitely can see Heitmann going to Hawaii ...

The starter of this thread believes that MB is calling Heitmann a "p*ssy" (his words, not mine in the other thread), which is silly. The correct, and only interpretation is, "Heitmann is an effective football player (one of the most underrated centers in the league...if the 49ers reach the playoffs, in fact, I can definitely see Heitmann going to Hawaii), but that he is unassuming ("the news gets picked up").

Cheers.

Cheers.
[ Edited by MadDog49er on May 30, 2010 at 5:36 PM ]
Heitmans days are numbered. Sing wants to run the ball when he needs to do so. With Heitman he wont be able to.

/ Thread!
he is ok, but not nearly as powerful as Newberry was.
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
he is ok, but not nearly as powerful as Newberry was.

Or even Baas!
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
For the context of this poll, here is the original starting point of this debate..I should say lack of debate:

MB Chat Today:

Is there any chance David Baas could challenge Eric Heitmann for his job as the starting Center? Given Baas' record at Michigan and recognition he received as a Center there.

12:43 MattB_49: Heitmann is one of the most underrated centers in the league. He's so unassuming. My joke is that if he starts a locker-room fistfight and the news gets picked up by ESPN and Pro Football Talk, he'll go to his first Pro Bowl. if the 49ers reach the playoffs, in fact, I definitely can see Heitmann going to Hawaii ...

The starter of this thread believes that MB is calling Heitmann a "p*ssy" (his words, not mine in the other thread), which is silly.

Cheers.

What I initially said was that MB was POLITELY calling Heitmann a p***y, which can certainly be one interpretation.

And Maddog didn't say it was a "silly" interpretation, he said it was impossible to read it that way.
[ Edited by oldninerdude on May 30, 2010 at 5:39 PM ]
Originally posted by TDTomAndo:
Originally posted by redrathman:

Originally posted by oldninerdude:

MB Chat Today:

The starter of this thread believes that MB is calling Heitmann a "p*ssy" (his words, not mine in the other thread), which is silly.

Cheers.

What I initially said was that MB was POLITELY calling Heitmann a p***y, which can certainly be one interpretation.

And Maddog didn't say it was a "silly" interpretation, he said it was impossible to read it that way.

I didnt read it the way you did either. As much as I like to disagree with Maddog I cant on this one. If memory serves me correctly MB has written up Heitman more than deserved IMO. He is a Heitman supporter that wouldnt say the comment in question as you took said comment.

MB Chat Today:

Cheers.

You have to look at the context.

"My joke is that if he starts a locker-room fistfight and the news gets picked up by ESPN and Pro Football Talk, he'll go to his first Pro Bowl."

This means that Heitmann isn't one for big locker room speeches or talk on the field. He goes into work, punches in, punches out, and leaves. He's not like a Kevin Mawae, who is President of the NFLPA and was a team captain for years.

MB Chat Today:

Cheers.

I'd say it's very possible to read it that way . . . if your opinion on Heitmann was predetermined.
Originally posted by NickSh49:
The "unassuming" comment meant he isn't a vocal player. It had nothing to do with the caliber of his play.

This is pretty much what I took out of it. Look at a guy like Bryant Young. He was an effective player on the field, but was pretty quiet and mild-mannered off the field.

This said, Heitmann does have some flaws in his game, but he's a decent player. He's more of an efficient technician than a mauling bada$$, and should only be better with Solari + Brown in-house.
Get Baas in there already!
Share 49ersWebzone