LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Where is our biggest weakness on this team at this point?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I would say CB, but I am not sure if the O-line is trully fixed at this point.

I also think the pass rush and the pass coverage are connected, it's hard to see CB as a weakness when you have a $80 million dollar guy as well as a guy that is playing even better than your $80 million guy!

I am going to say the QB position is our biggest weakness until proven otherwise, this has been an issue for a long time now so I am not convinced that the QB position is a strength to this point.

Your thoughts?
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Definitely QB
its still o line till proven otherwise yes we got two OL in the draft in the first round but both are very raw untill TC or maybe even preseason we should wait before we eliminate it as our problem next should be our secondary
Until proven otherwise by play during the regular season, it's failure to execute, and to some extent it affected every player on the team last year. Skill, physicality, and talent on the part of any player means nothing if the team fails to execute as much as it did last season. Get everyone executing consistently, enabling them all to play at their limits, and then we can discuss particular players and positions.
Like others, I probably have to go with the offensive line. Last year they had one of the worst in the NFL. I hope Davis/Iupati turn it around but that remains to be seen.

After that I would go with the secondary and QB play. Smith made improvements last year and certainly showed positive flashes at times but was inconsistent. I think hes very close to being a serviceable NFL starter.
QB, hopefully that changes this year.
CB!
Coaching, game planing in particular.
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Coaching, game planing in particular.

Hopefully in the second year of having the same coaching staff, this will improve as the coaches are more familiar with the personnel.
Originally posted by 49erThrowback:
Until proven otherwise by play during the regular season, it's failure to execute, and to some extent it affected every player on the team last year. Skill, physicality, and talent on the part of any player means nothing if the team fails to execute as much as it did last season. Get everyone executing consistently, enabling them all to play at their limits, and then we can discuss particular players and positions.

Agree with you

Roman, M. Lewis and Soap are our biggest weakness on this team at this point!
Tackling...other than that in the secondary

biggest question mark? definitely at the QB
id say CB is the biggest weakness i see because i think solari can take even what we had last year with s**tty ass foerester and turn them into a serviceable line but with the addition of the two 1st rounders we got we should have a good to great line by mid season.
QB!
  • TFSP
Last year on defense, stopping the screen pass was a real problem. Is that a "X's and O's" problem?

On offense, it was gaining 3-4 yrds consecutively by running the ball. This year, we think we've addressed that.

So this leads me to ask, what have we done to stop the screen pass this year?
[ Edited by TFSP on May 30, 2010 at 4:40 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone